Another TV show?

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
Forfarian

Re: Another TV show?

Postby Forfarian » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Having watched the Loch Ness mob achieve what the Victorians failed to do, (now all recordings deleted).
Some of the participants came across quite well, at least 6 of them had enough intelligence and nous to be able to guide the rest of them through the series and keep the idiots away from the cameras!
What did make me wonder was what planet some of them came from - moaning about a drop of rain, mountains go uphill and best of all we have midges in Scotland that bite :lol: :lol:
I suppose this upcoming series should be taken with a bit of tongue in cheek like the last one, it cant be any worse!
Tim
aka Forfarian

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:53 pm

it cant be any worse!

That's tempting fate Tim.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

HarryR

Postby HarryR » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:13 pm

If it lives upto the pitch on the producers website "Model railway craftsman compete each week to create a model based around a different theme" there might be some benefit to forum members. Otherwise it will just following the sterotype the novelty being the setting.

On the brighter side imagine what 'horror' might be produced when they try to "do" fishing!

Emettman

Postby Emettman » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:51 pm

"Model railway craftsman compete each week to create a model based around a different theme"

So that's an ill-judged rip-off of the Lego Masters series?

Chris.
"It's his madness that keeps him sane."

carnehan

Postby carnehan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:15 pm

I was thinking if this series followed a similar format to the Lego Masters series it might be quite good.

Paul

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Postby flying scotsman123 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Apparently you need to apply as a team of 6, and be free for 9 days filming in May/June.
"listen carefully, i shall say this only once"

b308

Postby b308 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Sounds more like those "painting" challenges... TBH they are quite good, if they can get something similar it may also be quite good.

Lancastrian

Postby Lancastrian » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:34 pm

All that I ask is that, if the show does go ahead, that the channel and times be posted in this thread please.

Thanks.
My Web Site Links: FGO & Boats and Canals (Forum)

Emettman

Postby Emettman » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:16 pm

carnehan wrote:I was thinking if this series followed a similar format to the Lego Masters series it might be quite good.

Paul

Possibly, but what on earth would you have in your racks of bins? It's not exactly like bricks.

Oh well, we shall see. I'm not available to raise or fit in with a team, anyway!

Chris
"It's his madness that keeps him sane."

centenary

Postby centenary » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:53 am

Got to be good exposure for the hobby. Wish they'd do something similar for RC modelling instead of those old Bob Smythes or the scouse lad who fronted a short series about 20 years ago. How long ago was that Dulverton build series?

In Germany, the DMax channel has a regular modeller's series cover all types of modelling whether that be static, RC or trains. Unfortunately you cannot even get to view it over the net (at least I havent despite trying very hard to access it!).

CasperGriswoldBacon

Postby CasperGriswoldBacon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:09 am

centenary wrote:Got to be good exposure for the hobby. Wish they'd do something similar for RC modelling instead of those old Bob Smythes or the scouse lad who fronted a short series about 20 years ago. How long ago was that Dulverton build series?

In Germany, the DMax channel has a regular modeller's series cover all types of modelling whether that be static, RC or trains. Unfortunately you cannot even get to view it over the net (at least I havent despite trying very hard to access it!).

Don't know if you've tried this but if you have a Amazon firestick or something that allows kodi on your pc (bluestacks i think) then you can download a dmax app

mahoganydog

Postby mahoganydog » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:58 pm

CasperGriswoldBacon wrote:
centenary wrote:Got to be good exposure for the hobby. Wish they'd do something similar for RC modelling instead of those old Bob Smythes or the scouse lad who fronted a short series about 20 years ago. How long ago was that Dulverton build series?

Don't know if you've tried this but if you have a Amazon firestick or something that allows kodi on your pc (bluestacks i think) then you can download a dmax app

Unless it can pick up on programs from Germany it isn't worth bothering with. UK Dmax is just re-runs of old Discovery channel programs.
In a world of fences and doors who needs windows and gates?

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:52 pm

Having been in touch with the production company since December, I know a fair bit about it, sadly it is aimed more at clubs, groups of 6, working on basically building a layout from what I understand... apparently their experts... say everyone builds layouts in groups... not sure many of us do... unless your in a club.

I don't think its a great idea... its exposure of the hobby of course.. which is good, but seeing a group of possibly older gentleman and women building a layout doesn't help the hobby... especially giving it that typical stereotype...

Sadly these experts I think personally like to kill the hobby, rather than help it, how about talk to general public, or talk to people at exhibitions see what they want to see... also making it a competition not a good idea...

There are lots of talented home modellers individuals that sadly they are not interested in.. if it was geared towards younger people or families then that's fine... they learn something shows the hobby in a good light... rather than the general model club..

Program will be on Channel 5, sadly not open to suggestions.

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:41 am

Been a while since there has been a challenge on here - how about we do our own! :D

Video the progress with a small project and put it on you tube.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

carnehan

Postby carnehan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:29 am

luckymucklebackit wrote:Been a while since there has been a challenge on here - how about we do our own! :D

Video the progress with a small project and put it on you tube.

Jim

I'm potentially up for that Jim. My son calls it NoobTube! :lol:

Paul

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”