Bachmann Class 08 Renumbering

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
Tom@Crewe

Bachmann Class 08 Renumbering

Postby Tom@Crewe » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:09 am

Bachmann 32-113 Class 08 Shunter D3032 in BR Green Late Crest.

I have this loco and wish to renumber it, however I have some questions.

When looking at transfers I find a couple of problems, On the model the numbers in cream and if you look at numbers there does not seem to be the 'D' included. But if you look at 08's in preservation the numbers are white.
Also on the loco the existing number is a smaller size to Steam numbers so they can fit in the more limited space on the 08.

Has anyone renumbered a 08 Late crest and did they/you find the same difficulties?

I have 2 numbers I want to use 'D3583' & 'D3584'
Never enough time...........

Bigmet

Re: Bachmann Class 08 Renumbering

Postby Bigmet » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:57 am

The lack of D's suggests you need a transfer sheet for BR diesel/electric traction in the green late crest period.

luckymucklebackit

Re: Bachmann Class 08 Renumbering

Postby luckymucklebackit » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:45 am

There were two different fonts used on early BR Standard 350HP shunters. Initially the locomotives were numbered 13000 and upwards and used the Gill Sans font similar to that used on Steam Locomotives these numbers were straw coloured. Image

Later deliveries with the D Prefix had a different, narrower font as applied to Bachmann model 32-116A Class 08 Shunter D3986 Image.

I suspect that the Bachmann model you have is of a prototype that had been amended from 13032 as delivered to D3032 but retaining the original font.

Hope this helps

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”