Sad news

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
End2end

Re: Sad news

Postby End2end » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:36 am

Banksy my arse!
Banksy uses stencils and now instead of painting on the walls he is getting complaints from local council for CLEANING the walls. Using stencils to clean certain parts of walls to create his art. Also Banksy NEVER signs his street art! I've seen most of them all around London inculding One nation under CCTV, There's always Hope, g*y police officers etc etc etc.
Whoever done this is an unartist moron!

Theres a massive difference between STREET ART and just plain vandlism. This is definatly the latter. If Bansky saw his name being used in such a way I reckon he'd hit the roof!
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Forfarian

Postby Forfarian » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:44 am

Bring back some sort of physical punishment, what was it they used in the IoM , The Cat?
That worked and kept the IoM very law abiding for years.
They should be taken to the carriages they damaged, fastened to a wagon wheel and flogged with the Cat 21 lashes each in public and then made to pay for the restoration of the carriages.
I'm sorry if some people don't like my idea, but i am sure many people in this country are sick and fed up with the attitude of the Police and Courts to criminal damage to property.
What is happening to our country??????
Tim
aka Forfarian

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Tim
Whilst I could say I agree with your sentiments, I won't say it because expressing those sentiments can be seen by those who wish to, as promoting violence Our law lacks the ability to differentiate between someone who says "I feel like....", and the moron who stands up and "Go out and do this..." It is said that our law is an ass, it is when it expects everyone to be able to ascertain someones true intentions from what they say or write.
John W

[Moderator Mode on]
NRM Is disgusted by the actions of these individuals and is happy for you to express your disgust. However we cannot condone any comments which could be construed by a reasonable person as encouragement to violence.
[Moderator Mode off]
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

b308

Postby b308 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:08 pm

I suspect Tim (and I and others) were suggesting the "violence" (if that is way it is interpreted so be it) as punishment under the Law, which I'd suggest is a very different beast from the "Yob" mentality, John! ;)

Firefly16

Postby Firefly16 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:03 pm

Definitely NOT Banksy! What puzzles me is, how do these articles manage to get their knuckles off the ground to do it?

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:49 pm

This thread is an embarrassment

flattrack60

Postby flattrack60 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:20 pm

Someone i knew from years ago told me this........... in the village i lived in as a kid/teen (along time back) teenagers went round vandalising the senior citizen allotments, he said if you ever a harden old collier reduced to tears (phrases like `salt of the earth / straight john bull as my grandad used to say) yes sobbing ,,,,,,,,,,,when all his hard work is ruined overnight
so to cut along story short some of the `middle aged men` found the ringleaders took them to an out of the way place blindfolded etc gave them a sniff of a flammable liquid doused them and you get the rest ......... ok it was a only a threat nothing else ..........one of the ringleader was so scared he defecated right there on the spot.
now im not saying thats right or do this to them but when people my age who were "rum `uns" in there day see the elders sobbing .... well enoughs enough ..................... oh......... it worked there was no more vandalism of any sort
is it called summary justice ????
ok it aint gonna work for in this case if i had the answer i`d well ...................... i dont , if there found ,taken to court, they just laugh, they are not bloody bothered

ok im off my soapbox

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Postby flying scotsman123 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:35 pm

mumbles wrote:This thread is an embarrassment

Indeed, and about as embarrassing as this article from the daily fail.
"listen carefully, i shall say this only once"

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:12 pm

In the United Kingdom, JCP generally was abolished in 1948;[62] however, it persisted in prisons as a punishment for prisoners committing serious assaults on prison staff (ordered by prison's visiting justices) until it was abolished by s 65 (Abolition of corporal punishment in prison) of the Criminal Justice Act 1967 (the last ever prison flogging was in 1962).[63][64]

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicia ... punishment

I suggest you look at the countries that still practise this barbaric practice and move there. There is absolutely no research that says any form of violence solves antisocial or criminal behaviour and plenty that the appropriate rehabilitation of offenders does. What you fail to understand is some people will not be changed, whether by beating, or by 'do-gooders' trying to rehabilitate them so arguments like bring back hanging and the birch are weak and archaic. The criminal justice system needs funding, not the chronic cuts it has suffered for numerous years.. I work alongside probation workers and directly with lots of various offenders. You should see their case loads.. Its not because the methods don't work for those that engage, its that they don't have the resources to do it

You like your rants and opinions eh? Don't sully a model rail forum with your redundant, outdated views that very very few people would agree with, as i said... Its embarrassing to the hobby

b308

Postby b308 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, Mumbles, sadly I've seen the evidence of the lack of respect and rise in violence firsthand in my day to day job, people do things now that I'd have never dreamed of doing back in the 60s and 70s...

The only embarrassing thing about this thread is that the vandalism happened in the first place in our so called enlightened society...

However perhaps it should be locked before it get out of hand!

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:32 pm

b308 wrote:Everyone is entitled to their opinion, Mumbles, sadly I've seen the evidence of the lack of respect and rise in violence firsthand in my day to day job, people do things now that I'd have never dreamed of doing back in the 60s and 70s...

The only embarrassing thing about this thread is that the vandalism happened in the first place in our so called enlightened society...

However perhaps it should be locked before it get out of hand!

There was no judicial corporal punishment in the 60s and 70s. There is no connection to be made that says it would solve this criminal behaviour. And just because you wouldn't dream of it, doesnt mean it didn't happen

Opinions are like... You know the rest

Lysander

Postby Lysander » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Sadly, every time reports of vandalism or criminal damage are posted on forums [of what ever sort], within two or three posts, the whole matter starts to get completely out of hand.

What happened was mindless and spiteful, and one feels deeply for those who have to restore the coaches.

Could we leave it there? There seems little more to be said.

Tony
Men with false teeth may yet speak the truth.......

Peterm

Postby Peterm » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:38 am

Graffiti and art or artists in the same sentence is an oxymoron. It doesn't matter how much of an 'artist' anyone thinks these idiots are, they're still vandalising other peoples property.
Pete.

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:26 am

Peterm wrote:Graffiti and art or artists in the same sentence is an oxymoron. It doesn't matter how much of an 'artist' anyone thinks these idiots are, they're still vandalising other peoples property.

I don't think anyone thinks they are artists. It is 'grafitti' or more accurately vandalism.

Graffiti art is a very specific thing, worth googling to see how amazing some of it is, hardly any of which would be classed as vandalism these days as more often than not will be done with permission or be of value and appreciated. 'Mural' is maybe a better word if you cant manage to differentiate between them. This isn't the 80s/90s with people vandalising trains with their 'art' anymore, pretty sure that kind of graffiti is rare and limited to idiots like in this case daubing nonsense

Lancastrian

Postby Lancastrian » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:27 am

Just for the record in archaeology, inscriptions or drawings scratched or carved onto a surface, esp rock or pottery is classed as graffiti.

Does it matter if its art, graffiti or whatever other term that you want to use to describe it. Whether it's good or bad in the eyes of the beholder, It's something painted/daubed where it shouldn't be, so let's get back to the origins of this thread.
My Web Site Links: FGO & Boats and Canals (Forum)

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”