Another Countdown

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
User avatar
luckymucklebackit
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:05 am
Location: Eaglesham, south of Glasgow
Contact:

Re: Another Countdown

Postby luckymucklebackit » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:56 am

D605Eagle wrote:Found it Jim. Post 331 onwards.
clicky


:o :o :o :o Thanks!

Not counting my chickens but it is looking very positive. While I was searching through RMweb (totally agree that the search function is pants) I came across a thread from 2015/2016 which suggested that this is not the first time that the J36 has been proposed, allegedly they got as far as a prototype (that still exists) before shelving the model.

Cheers

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Image

Bigmet
Posts: 6027
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:19 pm

Re: Another Countdown

Postby Bigmet » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:57 am

Likewise, keeping the powder dry, though hopeful of something NBR. (I am in the happy position of anticipating the NRM/Rapido Stirling single, and hopefully the Heljan GNR cab and tender O2 2-8-0 and Oxford N7 0-6-2T, in 2018, so that's much of the modelling budget spent already.)

Now why would somebody who models ex LNER territory, Kings Cross - Hatfield, in the BR(ER) steam period want any NBR locos? Well, the last time I saw ex-LNER steam working in normal service was in Edinburgh in the mid sixties, after steam had gone completely South of Doncaster. Alongside the LNER mightiness were a few locos of pregroup design, not the attractive ex GNR/GER/GCR mix I had been accustomed to down South, but instead the NBR's equally attractive classes. So should RTR NBR models be produced, I am going to 're-allocate' a couple far from home...

User avatar
luckymucklebackit
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:05 am
Location: Eaglesham, south of Glasgow
Contact:

Re: Another Countdown

Postby luckymucklebackit » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Just found out that the recent edition of the NBR study group magazine mention was also made of a very strong rumour that one of the major manufacturers are planning a model. On Facebook a friend commented that the last time he was at Bo'ness he said something about wishing for one and the look the guy in the museum gave him suggested it might be forthcoming!

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Image

Ex-Pat
Posts: 1579
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:51 pm
Location: Dundalk Ireland

Re: Another Countdown

Postby Ex-Pat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Just seen the latest posts in this thread and rushed to open my NBRSG Journal which arrived this morning.

I'm getting really excited now, as I mentioned J36 to Hornby at Warley on Saturday (as I do every year!) and was told "there is one of those". I took this to be somebody not knowing what they were talking about - let's hope it was a case of the cat being let out of the bag!

User avatar
luckymucklebackit
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:05 am
Location: Eaglesham, south of Glasgow
Contact:

Re: Another Countdown

Postby luckymucklebackit » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Bigmet wrote:Likewise, keeping the powder dry, though hopeful of something NBR. (I am in the happy position of anticipating the NRM/Rapido Stirling single, and hopefully the Heljan GNR cab and tender O2 2-8-0 and Oxford N7 0-6-2T, in 2018, so that's much of the modelling budget spent already.)

Now why would somebody who models ex LNER territory, Kings Cross - Hatfield, in the BR(ER) steam period want any NBR locos? Well, the last time I saw ex-LNER steam working in normal service was in Edinburgh in the mid sixties, after steam had gone completely South of Doncaster. Alongside the LNER mightiness were a few locos of pregroup design, not the attractive ex GNR/GER/GCR mix I had been accustomed to down South, but instead the NBR's equally attractive classes. So should RTR NBR models be produced, I am going to 're-allocate' a couple far from home...


The J36s were not exclusively Scottish Locomotives, they were allocated to Blaydon and Carlisle, during WWII two J36s were allocated to Malton for working pick-up goods duties to Driffield, Kirbymoorside, Thirsk, and Whitby. Another three were hauling local goods traffic in the Newcastle area from Borough Gardens shed. SInce they also went to France to support the ROD during WWI so must have passed through the Southern part of the LNER.

JIm
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Image

User avatar
D605Eagle
Posts: 2405
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:58 am
Location: Staffordshire
Contact:

Re: Another Countdown

Postby D605Eagle » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:34 am

Glad to see you happy about new releases Jim!

User avatar
luckymucklebackit
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:05 am
Location: Eaglesham, south of Glasgow
Contact:

Re: Another Countdown

Postby luckymucklebackit » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:54 am

D605Eagle wrote:Glad to see you happy about new releases Jim!


Ecstatic! - Just hope I am still here in 2019 to see at least one on my layout. now what about the J37 8) ?
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Image

Ex-Pat
Posts: 1579
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:51 pm
Location: Dundalk Ireland

Re: Another Countdown

Postby Ex-Pat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:16 am

luckymucklebackit wrote:
D605Eagle wrote:Glad to see you happy about new releases Jim!


Ecstatic! - Just hope I am still here in 2019 to see at least one on my layout. now what about the J37 8) ?


Personally I would prefer a D30 before a J37.

User avatar
luckymucklebackit
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:05 am
Location: Eaglesham, south of Glasgow
Contact:

Re: Another Countdown

Postby luckymucklebackit » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:34 am

Ex-Pat wrote:
luckymucklebackit wrote:
D605Eagle wrote:Glad to see you happy about new releases Jim!


Ecstatic! - Just hope I am still here in 2019 to see at least one on my layout. now what about the J37 8) ?


Personally I would prefer a D30 before a J37.



Looking for a Wandering Willie? :D
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Image

Ex-Pat
Posts: 1579
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:51 pm
Location: Dundalk Ireland

Re: Another Countdown

Postby Ex-Pat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:12 pm

There's no answer to that!


Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests