Lumsdonia Website and YouTube Updates

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
TimberSurf

Re: Lumsdonia Website and YouTube Updates

Postby TimberSurf » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Added 20+ more link addresses at the weekend and a couple of new tips
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:21 pm

Catch up! I have been a slouch and forgot to keep up the updates on this page!

New Guide on static grass applicator added Static Grass Applicators Guide

New Gallery added to cover this year and the Three bridge Valley module. 2019 Gallery

Past queries on here and recent enquiries on facebook have prompted me to write an essay on layout construction, I will add piccies later, but for now Layout Construction Guide

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:54 am

I have added a few more pages to the website. The obvious one missing, was a page to show off the Windmill project! So I have added a DIORAMA page to the Gallery. I have also started down the long road of creating the "Lumsdonia Story", in essence, a background explanation and some anecdotal tales and some spoof advertising. My first foray is a stab at TOURISM, an excuse to showcase some of the detail. I have also caught up with my personal web links crib database and transcribed nearly 50 new links into the LINKS website page, including three new sections!
I dislike having a sub menu under MY LAYOUT for the GALLERY! It makes it hard to select the the sideways list item. Do you agree? Should I change it so there is only a single simple drop down?

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:08 pm

I have already taken bookings on the forum for the holiday lets, book soon, or miss out, 2019 is filling up quick! :lol:

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:11 am

Due to frequent questions on forums and facebook, the mysterious subject and strong debate on Cork vs Nothing vs Foam has resulted in me making a webpage guide to direct questioner's to!

Underlay

Just saying that word twice brings a certain mouse cartoon to mind! (Speedy Gonzales)

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:33 am

I could do with spending some time reading your site. There is a lot on there to read. It must have taken ages to write.

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:59 am

Mountain wrote:I could do with spending some time reading your site. There is a lot on there to read. It must have taken ages to write.

It is certainly getting to be a site with more substance and content! :)
It does take quite some time, several hours to create each new page. A lot comes from text I have written over the years in forums, regurgitated and formalised to make sense as a stand alone, with extra research, detail and content checks to ensure accuracy.
It just made sense to put the info in one constant place and keep referring to it, rather than typing it all out every time, when the same old questions keep coming up repeatedly in forums! :roll:

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:11 pm

As I now have 96 followers (Subscribers) on my Youtube channel, I will be sheepishly follow the Youtube trend and have a competition!
A rare opportunity to 'hear' me in my 'narrator's' mode, I sound like the old guy from 'The Gadget Show' :lol:
A small bespoke prize is up for grab's, to celebrate the 100 subscriber milestone.
Take a gander, join the fun and take part! You never know, you might win!

100 Youtube Subs Competition announcement :P

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Fri May 17, 2019 7:31 am

The follow up video to my 100 subs competition is out now, with an insight into LUMSDONIA given by the answers and the winner is named!

100 Youtube Subs Competition Winner

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Fri May 24, 2019 8:43 pm

There are not many suppliers who sell screen printed white window surround/bared acetate sheets, of the few, even less that suite Linka window tiles, and it struck me that not all windows are white! Unfortunately, home PC printers cannot print white, but they can do all other colours.
This means that black windows (meaning those with leaded lights) can be done and so too, all the other colours!
Given that I have the advantage of manipulating graphics accurately with CAD, it struck me that rather than trying to create each window pattern individually in a graphics package, I could mass produce the design in CAD quite easily.
Given that I can make a vast array of designs, that can be downloaded from the net and printed on a home printer, I have opted to share with everyone, like my tarpaulins, on my website. It has taken me much more time and effort to upload and create the web pages, than it did to actually design them all! :lol:
The first batch (two pages) are for Linka Brick buildings, but could equally be used in other types of buildings or scratch built ones. I intend to add more for Linka stone. At the moment, there is a range of plain, Georgian, Georgian with bulls eyes in, some with a central mullion and a few Jail bars!
I will do the same for the stone, but will get around to adding leaded lights for suburban homes and Church Lancet. I will also make some 100% cover sheets for scratch builders and some resized versions for use in other scales.

Linka brick demo.jpg

Linka Brick Leaded

Linka Brick Coloured

Once a pdf is downloaded, a paper print can be made for testing (or used as is with clear acetate over the front) and then an acetate sheet can be printed and used.

Feel free to give me feedback and any suggestions for the future

Dublo

Postby Dublo » Sat May 25, 2019 5:53 am

Hello all
From the samples that I have seen and used this is a really good resource. Nice clean and crisp prints. These windows will certainly be of use to any who model in OO not just Linkaites.

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”