Magazine: which one ?

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
Boxcar Willie

Re: Magazine: which one ?

Postby Boxcar Willie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:51 pm

I used to get Railway Modeller sporadically; then when I got more serious about modelling I got Model Rail regularly as I liked its "how to do stuff" style. I bought it every month for a few years along with occasional issues of Hornby and Railway Modeller. As I'm a bit of a hoarder the stack of magazines soon began to take over. Leafing through them they're all not great value for money in that they're mostly ads; even the articles themselves are little more than ads. My strategy now is to buy one only when they're giving free stuff away - not rubbishy DVDs but the occasional kit or free building download.

End2end

Postby End2end » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:44 am

Boxcar Willie wrote:My strategy now is to buy one only when they're giving free stuff away - not rubbishy DVDs but the occasional kit.

Me too. I must sort out my old scanner though to collate the articles I want to re-reference.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

RailwayRobbo

Postby RailwayRobbo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:55 am

Way back in the early days (late 80s/early90s) of 'PETERSDALE' I religiously bought Railway Modeller. Then as 'PETERSDALE' was in the 'transit years' I didn't buy any modelling magazines at all. Then at sometime during the last 10 years I got British Railway Modelling on a cheap quarterly subscription. It's quite good now they've revamped it in the last couple of years. It keeps dropping through the letter box every month because I've never bothered to cancel it.

Pete (RailwayRobbo)

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”