NRM Stirling Single

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
castlespitfire

NRM Stirling Single

Postby castlespitfire » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:17 pm

Has anyone had look at the new Stirling Single being released by the NRM. Have only seen the pictures would like to hear thoughts of somebody who has seen the pre release model,. Last month was at Shildon NRM but they did not have it then but told that they have one now. ..............John
It was working yesterday last time I used it................... John

Bigmet

Re: NRM Stirling Single

Postby Bigmet » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:31 pm

Got a link by any chance?

I have ordered this item, but so far it's only been the Rapido CAD work that I have seen, from Rapido's newsletter. There was a mention of the possibility of some hardware being shown by Rapido at the Warley show, and presumably then going on view at NRM Locomotion. The hardware that was available to view in a showcase at Locomotion back in May this year was a scratchbuilt OO model, intended as 'indicative' of the model's appearance; useful if nothing else to give an idea of the size of the model - rather small!

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:11 pm

There are only CAD's at this still very early stage there will be an update at Warley, there is some CAD's in their newsletter, and also updates on the APT.
http://www.rapidotrains.com/rapidonewsuk04.html

castlespitfire

Postby castlespitfire » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:59 pm

Thanks for reply's
Yes have seen the the scratch built one at Shildon. Why I asked was because I looked at Shildon site recently and on their models page they had it listed as in stock. Have since found out this was a mistake by them and it is expected to arrive August 2016. I asked if anybody had seen it yet because seeing it was in stock on their web page made me think they must have arrived early. This is not the case. The mistake has been rectified now. Will be paying my £50 to order the original tender version. But no rush it seems now. LOL ....................John
It was working yesterday last time I used it................... John

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”