efe buses

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
rejrob

efe buses

Postby rejrob » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:04 am

Hi all,Having a few??? London Transport buses on my layout I decided I might try to give them a bit of life by adding crew members and maybe some passengers.Most of te buses are D/D,s Dart Castings have a driver and clippy.No problem with the clippy but how is the best way to split the chassis from the body to place the driver.Although there are 2 metal rods from the chassis to the roof I don,t think thats the problem,more so the rivet toward the rear of the chassis.Has anyone else done this and if so ,is it easy to replace the rivet.Cheers,All the best Ron

mjb1961

Re: efe buses

Postby mjb1961 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:16 am

Are their any rivets on the underside ,if their is you need to drill them out ,the only problem is finding replacements to put it back together ,,,,

carnehan

Postby carnehan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:44 am

I've drilled out rivets on dinky cars to install passengers and paint interiors. Works well although I've had to glue the body to the chassis afterwards to keep things together. If your buses are a prize possession you may not want to follow through on either of these two processes though.

My solution to this is to buy cheap cheap models that would be overlooked by an avid collector and give them a full respray, etc.

Paul

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:55 am

One small tip, from a friend's experience, the older bus interiors - LT's RT type for example - are small. This is true enough to scale, headroom and seat width and pitch really was very compact, and there's the greater than scale thickness of the modelling materials nibbling into that space. He used HO teenager figures for all but the conductor, which was an HO adult standing on the open back platform.

rejrob

Postby rejrob » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:02 pm

thankyou all for the advice.I was hoping just to drift out the 2 rods that go to the roof from the chassis.but as mentioned the interior size is a problem It might be a case of *stay as is* thanks all the same Ron

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”