NSE catering vehicles

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
Tovidious

NSE catering vehicles

Postby Tovidious » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:56 pm

Did Network South East use any Mk1 catering vehicles and have any been made RTR?

hairyhandedfool

Re: NSE catering vehicles

Postby hairyhandedfool » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:42 pm

NSE Mk1 RMBs got used in East Anglia on trips to and from London. There is a picture online of 1842, in Network Southeast livery, on a Liverpool St.-Kings Lynn service at Ely. It later joined the Intercity fleet for use on Liverpool St.-Norwich services.
"Dying is easy, its living that scares me to death"
Annie Lennox - Cold (from the album "Diva")

Stressed? Fight my brute
You can now join my Clan

Zunnan

Postby Zunnan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:50 pm

I think it was just the three RMB that were painted in NSE livery, 1842, 1850 and 1865. As far as I'm aware they've never been produced RTR, and given the rarity of the prototypes and very slow sales of NSE coaching stock they're unlikely to appear RTR. Its not the easiest livery to repaint either, but that is at present the only option unless you were to commision the services of someone to carry out the work.

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:58 pm

There were several Mk1 Buffet cars in NSE livery within the class 420/422 4-BIG EMUs on the Southern, although not loco hauled they were good for a nice toasted bacon butty on the fast train from Brighton to London :) One still survives in the preserved Hastings diesel "Thumper" unit.
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

mossdp

Postby mossdp » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:56 pm

A picture of one of the few NSE Mk1 catering vehicles - I asked this question on another forum a few years ago and this was the photo someone kindly provided me a link to:

http://www.mnr.org.uk/wp-content/upload ... imHorn.png

Some where around, I think online, there a few more Mk1 NSE catering vehicle photos but there do not seem to be very many. There were some Mk2c micro buffets that were painted NSE. These were used on Exeter services form Waterloo.

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”