possible Workington MRC

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
markh

possible Workington MRC

Postby markh » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:50 pm

Hi folks,

Just thought id trough this out in the open, Ive been having a chat with the main chairman of the Workington Transport Hertiage Trust about the possibalitly of a MRC, after a load of Hornby Dublo 3 rail, hornby, Lima & Mainline gear was donated, & said about possiblity of trying to set up a club and maybe build a layout with the stuff donated & using gear i have aswell,

So ive set a facebook group up, with the aim that if we make 20 members in & around the workington area, that al try & organize a meeting at the old firestation at workington

If anyone on here wants to join your more than welcome, if you have facebook, if not i can post updates on here

Mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

BUT IM ALL ABOUT BAD IDEAS

markh

Re: possible Workington MRC

Postby markh » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi folk,

Ive had some intrest in this in the past month, and im going to plan a inagural meeting so is there anyione on here want to come along,

no fix date yet, but i could be a monday, wedensday or friday evening

so is there anyone on here want to join pleae do get in touch

Mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi Mark - Are you keeping your head above the water!!
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

castlespitfire

Postby castlespitfire » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Hello,,,,,,,,,, Noticed your posting about Workington MRC and wish you all the very best getting something started. If I were nearer I would show interest. Have never been to Workington it is quite small place I guess. I live on the east coast so miles away from you. How is the facebook page getting on, is there much interest.
If there are any model shops in your area why dont you get in touch with them and see if they can give it a plug for the idea. When I was living in Essex I had idea about starting a car spares business and having not much finance but a good supplier and wholesale prices I went out putting leaflets on car windscreens in supermarket car parks ect'. Within a year had good turnover going and was doing well. It all lasted until my supplier was taken over by one of the big boy's. Then it fell flat on it's face. Thats life. Am not suggesting for a minute that car windscreens would be best way to go for your idea but few leaflets around model shop outlets in the area may help. Would be good for the model shops as well. There are also places in supermarkets etc' which often allow private adverts to be displayed especially for local social activities.
Just an idea...................John
It was working yesterday last time I used it................... John

markh

Postby markh » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:59 pm

I hope to keep my head above the water luckymuckleckit only starting with a hand full of people and let it go frokm there

& cheers castlespitfire, there are three model shops that i know of close to workington, if you count 70 miles as close, but theres two much closer, one in Wigton & one in Carlisle, but i may see about distribuiting posters once i get a fix date of holding meetings

Mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”