why the big deal about keeping boxes ??

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
b308

Re: why the big deal about keeping boxes ??

Postby b308 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:56 pm

thomas the plank engine wrote:Have used card between each coach when packed in a briefacse. The coaches didn't have boxs to start with so a little bit of protection whilst in transit stops unnecessary damage like scuffing and scratching of the paintwork.

This is one of may stock boxes. You can see the foam under them as this is the bottom layer. There are three other layers with foam on the bottom so each has a layer of foam holding them in:

BTW a quick tip for those with stock boxes. You will know how difficult it is to remember where everything goes so take a piccie of the full box and keep it win the box so you can always put things back in the correct place!

D306Whistler

Postby D306Whistler » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:00 pm

Nice tip there b308. I will give this a shot ;).
Ash - A Thoroughbred Railway Fan ;).

60008 and D306 are the best Diesels Ever!
http://www.youtube.com/EWS60008

Dugie Diesel

Postby Dugie Diesel » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:00 pm

I keep all my boxes, ive just made an house move and the only damage despite taking great care to protect items was with the unboxed stuff, i collect die-cast too. Also i tend to change direction and swap things about every now and then so i can box loco's up safe and sound and put them away for a period of time. Also very handy when i sell them on, knowing the manufacturers went to great lengths designing a protective packet to travel half way round the world means a short jaunt in this country should be fine. When i moved house i bought some fold down crates from B+Q and the Bachmann boxes stacked in a treat with very little waste, unfortunately the newer ones seem to be all shapes and sizes :( I spent an enjoyable evening trying to get the best stacking method for each given crate, mind you that could just be OCD :D
Don't mess with my Choo Choo.......

mjb1961

Postby mjb1961 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:12 pm

I keep all the boxes purely for safe storage purposes and future re-selling value,I have bought a lot of items off eBay and i always choose to buy items that come with there original box ,like most people I have quite a few locos and sets ,but you can't run them all at the same time so there they stay in there box,mjb

ollieollieollie

Postby ollieollieollie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:42 am

whufcfan wrote:Bachmann class 20 loco box please if anyone is chucking one out.

Got a spare here if you want it.

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”