bachmann 08

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
dan8400

Re: bachmann 08

Postby dan8400 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:24 pm

I have read this thread from start to finish. I have an opinion but I'm not going to share it now. I think it may be better all round to leave this thread alone now before people start falling out...

Just my opinion, but it appears to be getting less of a proper debate and turning a little bit sour

Thanks
Dan
My Layout Thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30117

dubdee1000

Postby dubdee1000 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:57 pm

well said that man

D306Whistler

Postby D306Whistler » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Ditto here :).

To be honest I think that both Hornby and Bachmann should use painted metal parts for handrails and horns but that it just my opinion. I sometimes buy the odd model here and there to fix up and keep and I personally enjoy it ;). I have had a Bachmann Class 08 myself and yes the compartment door handles and grab rails are a bit too fragile for their own good. But these can be replaced with home made metal equivalents if you have the time and patience to do it ;). Running wise, Bachmann models are among the best alongside the Hornby prestige models. Of the two models I would say the Hornby one is the winner due to having opening doors on the cab but this is only marginal as both models that I have witnessed in motion are great performers.
Ash - A Thoroughbred Railway Fan ;).

60008 and D306 are the best Diesels Ever!
http://www.youtube.com/EWS60008

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”