DCC Engines Running Too Slow

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
mmmbeeer

Re: DCC Engines Running Too Slow

Postby mmmbeeer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:36 am

poliss wrote:Can't tell if it's running slower than it should without seeing a video.

I measured the loop and worked out the dc loco was doing an average scale speed of 110MPH, it didn't appear to be that fast to me, so it was going like a bat out of hell. I didn't have time to measure the dcc loco, I'll do that tonight, but I estimate it's less than 50MPH - I'll see tonight. I'm astonished by the results, it really didn't look that fast to me.
I also ran in a brand new Bachmann class 105 dmu last night and at the end timed one lap at full throttle - 128MPH, again I was astonished as I didn't think it looked that fast!

Essex2Visuvesi

Postby Essex2Visuvesi » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:53 am

you should see some of the N gauge locos then, scale 300mph is not uncommon :shock:
Si quam primum vos operor non successio , impono

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Proud member of the OAM
(Order of the Armchair Modeller

mjb1961

Postby mjb1961 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi,I have not read all the replies to your question but I run on dcc as well,I only have a select so I cannot adjust cvs but I have also noticed that some locos run slower than others,some locos you expect to fly run slow but I think that is just the way it is.

mmmbeeer

Postby mmmbeeer » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:25 am

mjb1961 wrote:Hi,I have not read all the replies to your question but I run on dcc as well,I only have a select so I cannot adjust cvs but I have also noticed that some locos run slower than others,some locos you expect to fly run slow but I think that is just the way it is.

Yep, I agree, just going to have to live with I guess.

mmmbeeer

Postby mmmbeeer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Essex2Visuvesi wrote:
mmmbeeer wrote:Well I think that's gonna save me 50-60 quid which my wife will definitely approve of.

Please send payment to...... :D

Well you have saved me 50 quid. I finally managed to get all my locos under control after printing off most of the manual and having a good read. One aspect I really like is being able to use the computer keyboard to control locos. I'm not sure the Hornby software can do that. I can also have as many throttles open on screen as will fit on screen or minimised for quick recall.
When I start to get turnouts under dcc control I'll start looking at panels.
Really chuffed with it so far! Thanks for letting me know about it. I couldn't find the url for the JMRI discussion forum, or is it on this BB?
Cheers Essex2Visuvesi

Essex2Visuvesi

Postby Essex2Visuvesi » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:27 am

mmmbeeer wrote:
Essex2Visuvesi wrote:
mmmbeeer wrote:Well I think that's gonna save me 50-60 quid which my wife will definitely approve of.

Please send payment to...... :D

Well you have saved me 50 quid. I finally managed to get all my locos under control after printing off most of the manual and having a good read. One aspect I really like is being able to use the computer keyboard to control locos. I'm not sure the Hornby software can do that. I can also have as many throttles open on screen as will fit on screen or minimised for quick recall.
When I start to get turnouts under dcc control I'll start looking at panels.
Really chuffed with it so far! Thanks for letting me know about it. I couldn't find the url for the JMRI discussion forum, or is it on this BB?
Cheers Essex2Visuvesi

No worries happy to help
forum for JMRI is here, its not too obvious on that website (Actually called JMRI users about 3/4 way down the page)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jmriusers/
Si quam primum vos operor non successio , impono

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Proud member of the OAM
(Order of the Armchair Modeller

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”