More eBay nonsense...........

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
DonB

Re: More eBay nonsense...........

Postby DonB » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:23 am

Blimey, 200 quid for a bottle of Klear and 300 sold?
By that standard, I have almost four grand's worth in my cupboard...
Don

My Layout Thread: viewtopic.php?t=14899

End2end

Postby End2end » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:10 pm

This time it's Ebay itself that's in the dock.
So....
New policy for both private and business sellers from April 1st 2019.

"For fixed price items the available duration is good till cancelled now from 1st April.
It will be a free listing for you and listing will continue till it is sold or unless you end it. It won't charge any fee even when it renew after 30 days."

And the reason given...
"It has been observed that there are more chances for the items to sell when listed in this duration and when listing continues on site."
Well it would increase the chances of being sold if it an item was listed for more then 7 days. :roll:

I prefer listing for 7 days as it helps me keep an eye on my account activity rather than having sales listed in mid air for a whole month. :evil:
Pain in the tender! (region).
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

mahoganydog

Postby mahoganydog » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:00 am

Fools of the week awards go to....

What are these people on?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ks-OO-GWR-K1 ... 1438.l2649

Actual value around £20 to £25 and they do appear quite often.
In a world of fences and doors who needs windows and gates?

End2end

Postby End2end » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:00 pm

BIDDER WARNING
I listed an item which was won by a bidder who then refused to pay stating "Hi sorry i do not wont this now as its one my grand dad has . i did try to stop it but ebay told me I will have to wate till the sale end sorry to be a pain but you will have to relist thanks"

And the susequent conversation that followed.
Me: "Due to ebay policies I will need to open an unpaid item case to recoup my fees.Thanks"

Bidder: "That's ok just dont leve bad feed back. It was a gen merstak"

Me: I will leave feedback that I feel is appropriate. Thanks"

After relisting my item (and recouping my previous sale fees) the bidder has the audacity to bid on it again. I've removed the bid and blocked the bidder from bidding on any of my other items.
The bidders ebay name is toby6661
Be warned. The bidder is and will, waste your time
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:02 pm

End2end wrote:I listed an item which was won by a bidder who then refused to pay ...
After relisting my item... the bidder has the audacity to bid on it again...

And this is why Ebay is not a real auction operation. Fail to pay, barred immediately: that's the standard for a genuine auction operation.

IAN1955

Postby IAN1955 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:55 pm

Beware of this bidder timbow_28, he won an item I was selling and did not pay, after various emails he said he would pay after a few days and then did not, caused me a lot of grief and is still buying what a waster.

If anyone is interested I relisted and the sale ends tomorrow at 19.09, attached is a link for all to see.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293137720381? ... 1555.l2649

Job Lot Hornby Triang Dublo Etc 00 Gauge Rolling Stock. Spares Or Repair X25, mainly all coaches

heda

Postby heda » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:32 pm

Had to laugh at E2E's 'it was a gen merstak'
I had the same thing recently, winning bid, three days later no payment, sent a gentle reminder, no response, reported to ebay, wait seven days before been able to relist.
It is frustrating that ebay don't seem bothered about these time wasters but if he had complained that what he received was not as described he would have had a refund at my expense. Anyway I blocked him as I do with any time waster.
Much as I have no love of ebay it is a good way of buying and selling, although I prefer Gumtree, I'm sure buying we've all had a few bargains on there and selling I've won a few and lost a few but have sold everything. Just never consider it sold until I have been paid and have had positive feedback.
The funniest one was getting a high bid for something very early one Sunday morning, an hour later I was messaged to the effect of 'my young son was up early and bid on loads of stuff without me knowing, would you cancel my bid'
whether it was his son or him bidding on an alcohol fueled session I don't know but I agreed and canceled, he replied “thanks for your understanding I hope the next twenty are as sympathetic'
Dave

Lysander

Postby Lysander » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:54 pm

mahoganydog wrote:Fools of the week awards go to....

What are these people on?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ks-OO-GWR-K1 ... 1438.l2649

Actual value around £20 to £25 and they do appear quite often.

Extraordinary: I have never seen one go for that before. Why on earth?

These can be made up into very nice models [with a lot of extra detail] but, whilst not two-a-penny, they can be acquired for less than £30 and, if you are patient, for less than £20.

Tony
Men with false teeth may yet speak the truth.......

heda

Postby heda » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:14 am

Bidding fever.
None on there just now, I want it, your not going to beat me, perhaps add to much sun or alcohol and idiot bids way to high.
A few years ago I was selling on ebay, a little side line business, bids were sometimes twice as high on auction as for the same item buy it now .
Dave

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”