Re: BARGAINS!

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
mjb1961

Postby mjb1961 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:05 pm

RFS wrote:
mjb1961 wrote:Absolute bargain ,4 lengths of peco flexi ,brand new never used ,,bargain at £125.99 ,if you are interested then search ,,goldfishinovations,,on eBay :roll:

Being as the listing shows 124 sold, I assume the seller is out of stock and hence set the price this high to deter buyers till he has more stock.

If he has run out of stock then why is he still advertising? :roll:Besides I only posted it as a laugh,I mean what sort of moron would actually pay that amount ,

Got me intrigued now RFS ,I've just search him and he has 'more than 10' as available,,I reckon he's trying it on ,hasn't the peco factory been closed because of the covid 19 and I'm sure it's created a shortage of track and it's pushed up the prices.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:40 pm

Just hang on, Peco is back in action and the first catch up shipments have gone out.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

mjb1961

Postby mjb1961 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Bufferstop wrote:Just hang on, Peco is back in action and the first catch up shipments have gone out.

People profiteering from a pandemic,,,

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Postby flying scotsman123 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:21 pm

mjb1961 wrote:
Bufferstop wrote:Just hang on, Peco is back in action and the first catch up shipments have gone out.

Not at all.
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout.

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:11 pm

flying scotsman123 wrote:
mjb1961 wrote:

Not at all.

Correct, profiteering can only be applied to excessive prices demanded for items essential to sustaining life. Otherwise it is a case of supply and demand, I would really like a Hornby Clan, but they are scarce so people are looking for mega bucks for one, so I dont pay it and life goes on. Similarly track is not an essential, but some folk think they can make a fast buck when supply is interrupted. You have two choices, pay the price or wait, you are unlikely to die waiting for the price to return to normal.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

Buelligan

Postby Buelligan » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:15 pm

mjb1961 wrote:
RFS wrote:
mjb1961 wrote:Absolute bargain ,4 lengths of peco flexi ,brand new never used ,,bargain at £125.99 ,if you are interested then search ,,goldfishinovations,,on eBay :roll:

Being as the listing shows 124 sold, I assume the seller is out of stock and hence set the price this high to deter buyers till he has more stock.

If he has run out of stock then why is he still advertising? :roll:Besides I only posted it as a laugh,I mean what sort of moron would actually pay that amount ,

Got me intrigued now RFS ,I've just search him and he has 'more than 10' as available,,I reckon he's trying it on ,hasn't the peco factory been closed because of the covid 19 and I'm sure it's created a shortage of track and it's pushed up the prices.

Many sellers do this, run out of stock and so increase the price, the fact it says he has more than 10 available is irrelevant, as that is set by the seller. It takes time to set up the adverts with all the photos, descriptions, key search words etc, so it's easier as a seller to simply increase the price to something no one will pay, than it is to remove the advert and re-list it when he gets more stock. Plus people will have that advert on watch. I used to do it with model boat hulls, I made them to order, if I got too many orders, I needed time to play catch-up, so the price went up. When I was all caught up, I'd reduce the price back down. Added bonus for sellers is that often eBay will send a message to people watching an item, telling them the price has been reduced, reminding them about the item and possibly getting them to buy it.

mjb1961

Postby mjb1961 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:35 am

Don't worry about it ,,forget it,it's old news,end of !! :) :)

Metr0Land

Postby Metr0Land » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:52 am

Rails of Sheffield deal of the day is Bachmann Mk1 FP Pullman 'Pearl' for £44.50 (Kernow curr £53.99)

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/3 ... nger-coach

Metr0Land

Postby Metr0Land » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:57 pm

eBay have extended their 20pct off offer for another month to end of July with selected businesss. Use the code PICKSMALLBIZ on checkout. This discount comes from eBay not the seller. These 2 places have model railway stuff:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/modelrailmar ... pg=&_from=
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/southdevonra ... pg=&_from=

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”