Re: BARGAINS!

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

Obsidian87 wrote:Hi
Dont know if this applys everywhere or if everyone uses UHU glue but the UHU all purpose glue 60mm tubes i found in the st helens home bargains for 99p a tube (with the not quite precise nozzel but they not hard to change) just in case anyone needs any.
Been buying mine out the pound shop for a few years.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

Naughty Rails are having a Bachmann clear out. Some cracking bargains on there. I'm £305 lighter now for 4 new tender locos. Can't say no to that!
clicky
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Don't the rules state that the wonderful booty obtained at bargain rates has to be listed?

(I won't be tempted because it's the Oxford N7 in BR black that suits me.)
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

Does it?
Anyway I got an LNER liveried O4 and lined LNER K3, an LMS liveried 3F and 4F. Postage counted for £7.50 which was a bit of a supprise. I expected it to be a flat £4 like Hattons, but theirs goes up when the quantity does.
Mike Parkes

Post by Mike Parkes »

Not seen much mention if any of Topcashback here - works on the web site referral system the same as adverts and you get a percentage back of your purchase from any web site, subject to certain limitations such as a maximum on the monies refunded and use of discount codes on the web site, linked through Topcashback (I presume they keep a slice as there are no catches involved). Model railway wise seems pretty limited but you do normally get 1.01% back on ebay purchases (sometimes at weekends its higher) and when you decide its time for a payout you can get a further credit on various e-gift cards (i.e. my accumulated £8.98 turned into a £9.52 M&S e-gift card) If you join by this link https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/mike_p before 10am next Monday you should receive a £5 virtual prepaid Mastercard when you have accumulated £10
Hymirl

Post by Hymirl »

https://www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk

Doing a sale on locos in 00 and N gauge. Decent price on 0-4-0 pecket...
sishades

Post by sishades »

Just bought the new j36....curse you train sales/
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

Just been to B&M, they have artist acrylic paint tubes (big ones) in a wide range of colours for £1.49!
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

TimberSurf wrote:Just been to B&M, they have artist acrylic paint tubes (big ones) in a wide range of colours for £1.49!
Are they any good? I see paint tubes in shops and think hmmm would they be any good to use?? But then think they can’t be....

What would you use those for then??
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

Mix 'n' match every shade under the sun! Absolutely everything! I am even using in my airbrush (with some reasonable results) but mostly for major scenery like......
Portal Arch 7.jpg
Windmill helicpter landing pad.jpg
Windmill stone embankment panels.jpg
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

TimberSurf wrote:Mix 'n' match every shade under the sun! Absolutely everything! I am even using in my airbrush (with some reasonable results) but mostly for major scenery like......Portal Arch 7.jpg
Windmill helicpter landing pad.jpg
Windmill stone embankment panels.jpg
Hmm they do look good!

Might have to have a nose when I go in next
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

Popped into Poundland (again) as little man has to make a Easter bonnet hat..... but the up side was the misses saw a bag of this and asked if it would be any good for the layout

Looks rubbish tbh but I will give it a go. Any shade of green helps
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

BuffyMcBuffer wrote:Popped into Poundland (again) as little man has to make a Easter bonnet hat..... but the up side was the misses saw a bag of this and asked if it would be any good for the layout

I haven't seen it (yet), but as you say 'Any shade of green helps'.

Mix it in with other greens Very tiny dots of yellows, blues and even less whites and even less red. Then hide it in brown earth colour powders/tea until around 50% is covered.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

glencairn wrote:
BuffyMcBuffer wrote:Popped into Poundland (again) as little man has to make a Easter bonnet hat..... but the up side was the misses saw a bag of this and asked if it would be any good for the layout

I haven't seen it (yet), but as you say 'Any shade of green helps'.

Mix it in with other greens Very tiny dots of yellows, blues and even less whites and even less red. Then hide it in brown earth colour powders/tea until around 50% is covered.

Glencairn
Will try that thanks,

I have been drinking peppermint tea recently. I save the bags to dry out instead of throwing them in the bin

I finished one box already and have quiet a bit of green foliage saved up from it

Just opened the bag to see what the contents is like and it looks alright, I would say useful for woodland floor area and probably bushes if stuck to scouring pads (which I also picked a pack of 10 and cut to strips still got 4 pads to cut up yet)

Here are some close ups of the moss