Re: BARGAINS!

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
Buelligan
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby Buelligan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:42 am

I got the email too, I scrolled as far as the 'King Edward V' and had to delete it before I followed any links!

User avatar
RailwayRobbo
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:32 pm
Location: Deepest, Darkest Northants.

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby RailwayRobbo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:08 pm

Looks really neat, pulls as though it has ambitions for an 8F rating, Hornby made a lovely job of it... :D[/quote]

Okay, okay you've convinced me. LOL.
I do have a believable excuse for buying one.
My Stanier Mogul is all by itself in a loco stock box with 2 empty compartments. :D
I guess the other compartment is for the forthcoming Hornby 78xxx.

Pete

Bigmet
Posts: 7937
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:19 pm

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby Bigmet » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:14 pm

Resisted temptation on the Stanier mogul - fine model though it is - because I already had the LMS design 2-6-0 that was a regular visitor, Ivatt's 4MT 'Mucky Duck', a few of which were allocated to BR(ER) Southern area. Properly mucky it is too.

I have yet another 'foreign' 2-6-0 on my KX inner sub area operation, one of the Doncaster constructed BR standard 4MT 2-6-0s with the BR1B tender 'on delivery' to BR(SR). As it is brand new ex-works it is in gleaming condition. This one is such a favourite that a point is stretched, and it is 'delivered' several times before it goes off scene; until the calendar is reset to start of my chosen modelling period, and I can look forward to seeing it working a few trains again.

(Both were offered at very competitive prices when purchased, so siort of qualify for a mention...)

User avatar
RailwayRobbo
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:32 pm
Location: Deepest, Darkest Northants.

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby RailwayRobbo » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:32 am

Just ordered the K1.

Pete

User avatar
mkrob
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Bletchley,Bucks

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby mkrob » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:37 pm

Bachmann 31-615 V3 with Early Emblem livery for £72.50 ((FREE POSTAGE)

https://www.derails.co.uk/index.php?rou ... uct_id=771

User avatar
RailwayRobbo
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:32 pm
Location: Deepest, Darkest Northants.

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby RailwayRobbo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:57 pm

Rails bargain of the day anybody?

Bachmann's Ransome and Rapier Brakedown Crane at UNDER £200.
£199.50 actually.

Pete

muggins
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:24 am

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby muggins » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:11 pm

RailwayRobbo wrote:Just ordered the K1.

Well, I paid more for mine than you'll have done and I still think it was a bargain! Awesome locomotive. To paraphrase Bigmet, it pulls like a train ...

User avatar
RailwayRobbo
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:32 pm
Location: Deepest, Darkest Northants.

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby RailwayRobbo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:43 pm

muggins wrote:
RailwayRobbo wrote:Just ordered the K1.

Well, I paid more for mine than you'll have done and I still think it was a bargain! Awesome locomotive. To paraphrase Bigmet, it pulls like a train ...


£89.50 + £4 P&P.. muggins. Funnily enough just before Christmas they had a pre-owned one which had a missing buffer on the tender for £80 + P&P. I nearly bought that but decided not o in the end.

User avatar
RailwayRobbo
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:32 pm
Location: Deepest, Darkest Northants.

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby RailwayRobbo » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:51 pm

K1 arrived from Rails of Sheffield this morning. Just ran it up and down the layout a few times. It runs very well and is a nice looking model. I'm very pleased with it. I'm even more pleased now I've just noticed on Instagram that Hattons have it at a 'bargain' price of £99 which is £10 more than I paid. Need to get the 'running in' track assembled which is going to be a bit of a problem cos the wife is working from home and half the dining table is occupied by her works computer. Will take some pictures later.

Pete (RailwayRobbo)

Chilly
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby Chilly » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:30 pm

TMC Models are currently having a sale of up to 50% off just ordered 3 Bachmann BR MK1 maroon carriages off them for £23.99 each, hopefully a bargain :shock:

ATB Chilly

Buelligan
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby Buelligan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:47 am

RailwayRobbo wrote:K1 arrived from Rails of Sheffield this morning. Just ran it up and down the layout a few times. It runs very well and is a nice looking model. I'm very pleased with it. I'm even more pleased now I've just noticed on Instagram that Hattons have it at a 'bargain' price of £99 which is £10 more than I paid. Need to get the 'running in' track assembled which is going to be a bit of a problem cos the wife is working from home and half the dining table is occupied by her works computer. Will take some pictures later.

Pete (RailwayRobbo)


If you need it, I've got a Hornby rolling road you can borrow if you want, can't get it to you until Monday though.

User avatar
RailwayRobbo
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:32 pm
Location: Deepest, Darkest Northants.

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby RailwayRobbo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:54 am

Buelligan wrote:
RailwayRobbo wrote:K1 arrived from Rails of Sheffield this morning. Just ran it up and down the layout a few times. It runs very well and is a nice looking model. I'm very pleased with it. I'm even more pleased now I've just noticed on Instagram that Hattons have it at a 'bargain' price of £99 which is £10 more than I paid. Need to get the 'running in' track assembled which is going to be a bit of a problem cos the wife is working from home and half the dining table is occupied by her works computer. Will take some pictures later.

Pete (RailwayRobbo)


If you need it, I've got a Hornby rolling road you can borrow if you want, can't get it to you until Monday though.


Thanks for the offer Derrick.
It's okay I'll set it up on the floor.
Thanks again Pete.

User avatar
mkrob
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Bletchley,Bucks

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby mkrob » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:31 am

HEREFORD MODEL CENTRE have Bachmann14 Ton Tank wagons cheap. From £25.95 for a pack of 3.

We need to support these small shops in these difficult times.



http://herefordmodels.com/index.php?mai ... ts_id=6078

http://herefordmodels.com/index.php?mai ... ts_id=6077

https://herefordmodels.com/index.php?ma ... 06aeb65d56

User avatar
mkrob
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Bletchley,Bucks

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby mkrob » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:50 am

mkrob wrote:HEREFORD MODEL CENTRE have Bachmann14 Ton Tank wagons cheap. From £25.95 for a pack of 3.

We need to support these small shops in these difficult times.



http://herefordmodels.com/index.php?mai ... ts_id=6078

http://herefordmodels.com/index.php?mai ... ts_id=6077

https://herefordmodels.com/index.php?ma ... 06aeb65d56


They also do other limited edition wagons.

http://herefordmodels.com/index.php?mai ... 69_370_286

User avatar
mkrob
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Bletchley,Bucks

Re: BARGAINS!

Postby mkrob » Thu May 21, 2020 12:39 am

Hereford Models again! Bachmann LMS 12t Box Van £6.50. 5 in stock & cheap as chips!!!

http://herefordmodels.com/index.php?mai ... ts_id=5663


Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TEAMYAKIMA and 5 guests