Rails website issue

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
GWR_fan

Rails website issue

Postby GWR_fan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:23 am

Last Sunday portions of Australia went to daylight saving time. Now with five days having elapsed and no issues entering the Rails website, the site is telling me this morning that my computer clock and date are incorrect. The website "clock" has my computer time as one hour ahead of what I have set my computer to, reflecting the actual daylight saving time. I have no idea what the website is doing.

I believe that it is actually Google refusing the connection to the Rails site rather than an issue with the site itself. I am wondering if any other downunderers are having similar issues.

Edit: now some hours later I am getting this response when trying to enter the website -

"This site can’t provide a secure connection

railsofsheffield.com uses an unsupported protocol."

Oxley

Re: Rails website issue

Postby Oxley » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Googled for Rails website, then accessed it from there and no problem.

Keith

Postby 6412 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Have you tried another browser such as Firefox or another search engine such as bing? I’ve found on a couple of sites recently (non railway) that google would not let me go in although my antivirus said it was a safe site!

GWR_fan

Postby GWR_fan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Many thanks gentlemen, alas, I only use Google as a web browser. No loss if unable to enter the site as I cannot make sense of their search programme.
From memory about a year ago I had a similar issue with the site not providing a secure connection. It connected a few days later. Maybe the site has not renewed/updated their licencing.

Return to “General Model Railway Discussion / News”