Some NRM Xtrkcad threads condensed into one

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.

Re: Some NRM Xtrkcad threads condensed into one

Post by 80064 »

Scrub that, just found it! :roll:
Matt Peters

Post by Matt Peters »

Help me!!!! I'm am doing an N Gauge layout, but all I can do is lay track out, if not bringing any points up etc, what am I doing wrong?
Dead Man's Handle

Post by Dead Man's Handle »

Matt Peters wrote:Help me!!!! I'm am doing an N Gauge layout, but all I can do is lay track out, if not bringing any points up etc, what am I doing wrong?
Go to File> Parameter Files. Click 'Browse' and select pecon80.xtp or pecon55.xtp depending on if you want to use code 80 or code 55. Click 'Ok'. Now if you select N gauge in the layout options you should have all the Peco turnouts available :)

Ade
My bits and pieces

Dole scrubbers build 'em best!
Matt Peters

Post by Matt Peters »

Dead Man's Handle wrote:
Matt Peters wrote:Help me!!!! I'm am doing an N Gauge layout, but all I can do is lay track out, if not bringing any points up etc, what am I doing wrong?
Go to File> Parameter Files. Click 'Browse' and select pecon80.xtp or pecon55.xtp depending on if you want to use code 80 or code 55. Click 'Ok'. Now if you select N gauge in the layout options you should have all the Peco turnouts available :)

Ade
The mans a legend! I was nearly there .. Haha!

Cheers for that, off to play now! :D
deltatango

Xtrkcad and vista

Post by deltatango »

before I download it will Xtrkcad run on Windows Home Vista OK ?

BTW is the 4.02 Ver of the software the latest free copy you can get.
mumbles

Re: Xtrkcad and vista

Post by mumbles »

yup, i have no probs
Dead Man's Handle

deltatango wrote:BTW is the 4.02 Ver of the software the latest free copy you can get.
Yes... and it's always free (there is now no pay version - older versions that were feature-restricted can be unlocked with a free code).

Ade
My bits and pieces

deltatango

Post by deltatango »

Newbie Q, i just started using it laid a turnout in the position I want, but when I
try and zoom into it I go off the page, then I change scale but that don't help,
as i wont to work in the corner of the layout zoomed in ????

sorry if this wrong place maybe there's a thread for this?
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

go to the Window menu and click Map. Drag the black square on the map to where you want to see.
Regards
Rob
deltatango

Post by deltatango »

Thanks ironduke thats better.
deltatango

Post by deltatango »

another Q where do I get the flexible track from ?
Dead Man's Handle

deltatango wrote:another Q where do I get the flexible track from ?
You can use the 'create straight track' or 'create curved track' icons (if you hover over them it tells you). With the curved track one you get the choice of creating from end point, tangent, center, or chord.

What I usually do myself is click the 'modify or extend a track' icon, and then right click on an already existing piece of track. You can then sort of 'pull-out' the track you want. You can make modifications to the radius and length by using the 'describe objects' icon (the question mark), clicking the track piece, and then typing in the appropriate box (although not if both ends are connected hehe).

Using flexitrack is the same regardless of what track pieces you have loaded in.

Ade
My bits and pieces

deltatango

Post by deltatango »

Thanks for the help on the program, I am getting on well with making a xtrak picture of my layout.

I have another Q Its OK when I print the whole of the layout, but when I want a particular part of the layout,
I am having problem trying to print the part I want, I been trying to change the scale in the print window
but its not the part I want when I print it. So at the moment I am resorting to zoom in to the part I want
then doing a print screen, loading that in paint program resizing and printing out phew!!!!!!

Must be a quicker better way ?
pointstaken

Post by pointstaken »

Version 4.02 runs Ok on Windows home premium, but if you want to access the Help file you will need to download Win32 help from Microsoft's web site. The Help works fine after that.

Dennis
I know nothing, but much I believe
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

deltatango wrote:Its OK when I print the whole of the layout, but when I want a particular part of the layout,
I am having problem trying to print the part I want, I been trying to change the scale in the print window
but its not the part I want when I print it. So at the moment I am resorting to zoom in to the part I want
then doing a print screen, loading that in paint program resizing and printing out phew!!!!!!

Must be a quicker better way ?
What scale do you want to print it in?
While in the print dialog zoom out on the layout and you should see that the layout has been divided into a sort of grid. The grid represents the pages. Click on the pages that you want to print.
Regards
Rob