Up and Down in Henley

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
Chops

Up and Down in Henley

Postby Chops » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:53 am

https://youtu.be/ejIB6hxDvzs

Comings and goings of Loch Ness Watchers.
Nessie rocks!

Chops

Modern Railway Operations and Bugs That Can Interfere

Postby Chops » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:29 am

https://youtu.be/uo5QExcpc34

New Year's Resolution: post my British videos under one thread heading. I have about 300 videos, so far, and honestly, when I started, I didn't get the concept of what a "Thread" was, being quite ignorant of how to post a video or a photography, anywhere. So I was posting them one at a time under separate headings, and by the time it dawned on me what other people were doing, that is posting under a single thread heading, I was already in way deep so I kept on going. So, from here on in, I will try to stick every British model rail video and photos thereof, under the appropriate format. Thank you for being endlessly patient with me.

It was a long week of work, and it was a great pleasure to fire up some vintage Triang, which after a few laps, warmed up and ran fairly well. I had no idea of what the theme would be this week, and didn't have much of an idea until I had ran trains for about an hour- sometimes just sitting and relaxing, without an agenda. The point being, if anyone has any thematic suggestions, please advise. I am running out of ideas, and may be forced to start plagiarizing Thomas the Tank Engine, which might not be such a bad idea.

I had originally conceived of filming British model trains long before there was much availability of digital equipment. The video cam that I bought at a pawn shop, fairly cheaply, takes lousy video in comparison to the Smart Phone, with its tiny lens. Especially when doing close up. How this is so, I do not know. I don't care for smart phones, they are too large and too fragile for my taste, so I use one that was gifted to me as a cameral for model
trains and pretty much nothing else. It is a little tricky to position for videography, but a little use of tin cans and duct tape help to hold it in place.
Nessie rocks!

Return to “Track/Layout Design”