n gauge layout design

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
Jules59

n gauge layout design

Postby Jules59 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:36 pm

N Gauge Plan

2.0M x 0.81M

Having finally gotten around to designing a layout over furlough I thought i would post it here for positive comment / critique
The intent is to create 2 continuous main line loops and an independent branch line loop. Also i would like to " stock " the board with alternative carriages and wagons which end i have added some carriage sidings and albeit a very small goods yard. On the same premise a have created a turntable and round house to create engine diversity.

Operationally im not looking to achieve anything other than a working model without basis of actual running practices in other words a model railway .

As my stock is some 30 year old minitrix and farish I have opted for a minimum radii of 298mm ( PECO SETRATCK 2ND RAD ) and will have to work out analogue wiring logisitcs ha ha .

The layout has been designed in Solidworks using full scale points and crossings etc as i got fed up of trying to use anyrail or scarm.

I look forward to any comments on my FIRST post

Jules
Attachments
LAYOUT 4 CROSSING CHECK.JPG
TRACK PLAN
COMPLETE LAYOUT 4.JPG
BASIC DETAIL SCENERY AND ROLLING STOCK

Mountain

Re: n gauge layout design

Postby Mountain » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:40 pm

Hello. Welcome. I have seen your plans somewhere before? Hehe. It is a good plan and carefully worked out too.

Jules59

Postby Jules59 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi Mountain didnt know which forum to post to hence i posted in both being a newbie ha ha

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:36 pm

I did want to be Mountain Goat when I joined this forum as well but it did not let me.

Return to “Track/Layout Design”