Helix help please

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
Mountain

Re: Helix help please

Postby Mountain » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:54 pm

It really is more of a case that we adapt a control system that is suitable for our needs. Each type of conteol system has its place. I am using conventional DC control at the moment though I have thought about radio control. If I do, my models will most likely end up with 3 volt motors instead which looks easy to do with my smaller locos though the Lima motored loco may need some thought.

For large club layouts having many operators DCC is amazing and really in its element, especially when most of its members adopt the same DCC system at home, so they can bring their handsets with them when in the club.

DCC has its drawbacks as do other ststems of control. I know of a G scale DCC garden railway which they would save themselves hours of work if they adopted radio control instead as there is a LOT of track to clean!

Michaelreedy71

Postby Michaelreedy71 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:42 pm

The space i can play with is 800mm diameter and its going to be 700mm high ish gap between each rise is roughly 60mm this is at 1 end of my shed and the opposite end of shed but thinking of using kato track

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:16 pm

Michaelreedy71 wrote:The space i can play with is 800mm diameter and its going to be 700mm high ish gap between each rise is roughly 60mm this is at 1 end of my shed and the opposite end of shed but thinking of using kato track

Is this for N gauge?

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:27 pm

My reaction too Bigmet. The overriding factor in N is not going to be enough clearance for the stock, but can you get your fingers in there if necessary?
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Michaelreedy71

Postby Michaelreedy71 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:51 pm

Its going to be in n gauge but can make the slightly higher

Return to “Track/Layout Design”