Help needed for a simple track plan

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
Mannick

Help needed for a simple track plan

Postby Mannick » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:39 am

Hello,
I found this very old photo of a Jouef exhibition layout. Just a big pizza layout in fact. I tried to draw it with Anyrail but I failed miserably as you can see below. Could you help me ? Thanks.

146.jpg

BULLE 00.jpg

Bufferstop

Re: Help needed for a simple track plan

Postby Bufferstop » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:08 pm

I don't know Anyrail myself I favour using full size pencil paper and string. Check that R8075 is either the same length as R609, or an exact fraction or multiple of it. The solution will then be either a short curve designed to make them the same, or a different radius curved point.
PS welcome to the forum.

John W aka Bufferstop.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:03 pm

Assuming that 'Anyrail' has the correct dimensions loaded for the track piece, ( dangerous assumption I know) then there might be a quick solution if you can bear to move one of the points, so that there is one in each semicircle of the circuit, and diametrically opposite.This will require the replacement of one of the R609 'double curve' pieces with single curves of the same radius to enable the points to be diametrically opposite. (How well I recall crawling around on the bedroom floor making such 'not quite circular' circuits a working reality with no strained joints.)

Mannick

Postby Mannick » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:39 pm

You're right ! It works very well. Thanks for your help.

BULLE 01.jpg

Return to “Track/Layout Design”