Selective Compression- how-to?

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
kiwitram

Re: Selective Compression- how-to?

Postby kiwitram » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Hello again everyone,

I've been researching the rail side equipment of Hastings, and it seems the turntable was 45', with the turntable at St Leonards being 50' until around 1935.

Now, I've looked at all the 'usual' manufacturers of kits (Dapol, Peco and a metal kit company) and virtually all of their kits are oversize, or out of my price range, unfortunately. Obviously a turntable is quite an important piece of a station and MPD, and so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of where I might be able to find a suitable turntable kit, or RTR?

Alternatively, I was thinking about trying to find a 50' turntable- I imagine they're easier to find than the smaller size- and adapting the history slightly, making out that the turntable had been enlarged a little prior to its full extension in the thirties.

- Alex

Ex-Pat

Postby Ex-Pat » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:22 pm

This is a 50ft turntable in its basic form:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50348

or is it the one you've dismissed as being too expensive?

kiwitram

Postby kiwitram » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:00 pm

Ex-Pat wrote:This is a 50ft turntable in its basic form:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50348

or is it the one you've dismissed as being too expensive?

Yes, that's the one. I suppose at a second glance £69 isn't *too* expensive, although it would be something I'd have to save toward, and even then it would still be anachronistic. But, if it's the one closest to prototype and would make sense in some logic or another, then I can't argue.

- Alex

Ex-Pat

Postby Ex-Pat » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:35 am

I know you don't want to hear this but if you were to go for the kit, although you could dispense with the motorising kit, I would seriously advise you to get the Installation Module as well (£45.95).

Return to “Track/Layout Design”