Planning my layout

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
steampowered

Planning my layout

Postby steampowered » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi I have spent some time looking through the various comments in this category but alas can find no help. I have been into the "Any Rail" site and found it useful, until you have used up the free allowance !! Un known to me one can only use around 80 pieces of track then one has to purchase the download at £35.
So my question is ;- is there a free site on the par with Any Rail ?? or a similar site. :idea:

Thanks steampowered :idea:
I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Re: Planning my layout

Postby flying scotsman123 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Try looking on the SCARM thread, that is completely free and has loads of different track systems in it. No idea how it compares with Anyrail as I've never used it, but SCARM is pretty good once you get used to it.
"listen carefully, i shall say this only once"

alex3410

Postby alex3410 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:32 pm

i have seen some people design sections of the layout to keep within the free limit - it would be a pain to do so i ended up just paying for the one i use and have more then had my moneys worth as i spent a long time playing around in it designing my last two layouts

briantwigley

Postby briantwigley » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:03 pm

I used to do several plans, export them to a photo format such as JPEG and then stitch them together.

In the end I just bought it.

Ryan

Return to “Track/Layout Design”