Layout feedback please

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
Moorway South

Layout feedback please

Postby Moorway South » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:45 pm

I have started playing around with ideas for the OO gauge layout in an 8'x8' room (probably an inch or two more) to go around the room. Taking onboard comments made previously, I have the north and east sides at 2' wide, the west and south at 1' wide. There would be a lifting section at the south west for the door which opens externally.

As I say, I am still just having ideas at the moment - I would like an express route to allow the HST / InterCity service to run continuously, with an inner line for DMU, local goods, etc.

Attached is an initial idea - though the detail doesn't match up, I'm just trying to get an overall impression.

Is there any way of avoiding the rounded off square look or making the general shape more interesting?

Any thoughts and ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

Simon
Attachments
layout1.jpg
layout1.jpg (124.74 KiB) Viewed 763 times

craw607

Re: Layout feedback please

Postby craw607 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:56 pm

Interesting looking layout a few thoughts on looking couldyou connect
turntable to passing loop on left side to allow train to run anti-clockwise.
I know you could run into station then change loco around to go in this direction.
John

AlanBrady

Re: Layout feedback please

Postby AlanBrady » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Probably the only way to avoid the 'rounded square' look is to use flextrack. You're not limited then. You can go wherever you want to ... sort of. The right could be a sweeping station. The bottom and left could be through countryside or mountains.

Hope that helps.
Alan.
Attachments
roundedsquare.jpg
roundedsquare.jpg (13.4 KiB) Viewed 684 times

Return to “Track/Layout Design”