station posters

Discussion on OO, and O gauge garden model railway design and construction. (scenery, track laying, electronics)
ciaran

station posters

Post by ciaran »

hi
can anyone find me some oo gauge station posters to put around my railway
but i can only print them
thanks
ciaran
HotBox53

Re: station posters

Post by HotBox53 »

Have a look at these free downlods from Mike Wordsworth Ciaran:

http://www.wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk/railside.html
First class passengers remain seated!
Second class passengers get out and walk!
Third class passengers get out and push!
daveaus

Post by daveaus »

Got mine from tracksidesigns.co.uk/ self sticking, they are great.
Jellicoe

Post by Jellicoe »

Trawl the web, ciaran; there's plenty of period posters to be had out there. Just copy them in and print them off.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Even sites which sell prints so block you from saving them you can take a screen shot with "prt scrn" open it in paint and cut out just the little bit you want. Can't see anyone getting heavy about you printing off a thumbnail.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Jellicoe

Post by Jellicoe »

Just a thought here. Using Prtsc to harvest your posters will only give you a resolution of about 72dpi; you need as much as you can get for a quality printout - as close to 300 dpi as possible. Go for the biggest image you can find and resize it whilst keeping the file size the same.

The best bet is to use Google Image Search - enter "railway posters" and marvel at what comes up!
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

I have a small collection of 1960s posters, PM me with your email and I will send them to you.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Jellicoe wrote:Just a thought here. Using Prtsc to harvest your posters will only give you a resolution of about 72dpi; you need as much as you can get for a quality printout - as close to 300 dpi as possible. Go for the biggest image you can find and resize it whilst keeping the file size the same
Agreed but some of the best items are on the sites advertising the real things at very high prices. They set their images not to save. If their sample image is twice the size you want to print, it will look ok under the platform canopy, and if you're looking for carriage prints!..........I was looking to put the framed prints on the compartment walls. At my first attempt the only one that looked right was the one that was cut from a screen grab. The problem was that scaled down the resolution was about twice what the printer could handle, and it wasn't making a very good job of the downscaling. I just resized them down until they looked ok.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions