Railway arches

Discussion on OO, and O gauge garden model railway design and construction. (scenery, track laying, electronics)
rogercontroller

Railway arches

Postby rogercontroller » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:20 pm

As someone new to modelling and these forums, I was hoping to pick your collective brains.
I am building a viaduct at the back ofthe layout and as typical in an urban environment the arches will be let out to businessed. I am not sure how best to model the archway doors. The era of the railway is around 50s but is not specific to a particular place or year. I am looking for any adice or experience on gettig the feel of the doors right. I am open to any techniques:kits or build from scratch. I don't mind if teh doors open or not, but it would lend something to the model if a few of them were open to reveal the work inside.

Thanks in advance

sishades

Re: Railway arches

Postby sishades » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:40 am

Have a look at Scalescenes website. I think you will find what you are looking for there.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

0121modeller
Location: Erdington, Birmingham,.... but can also be found at various railway bridges !

Re: Railway arches

Postby 0121modeller » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:45 pm

What gauge do do model ?
Wills kits produce them in 00 scale with the option to have a bricked up face or the representation of large wooden doorways/gates on rearside of the casting , these can be converted to having roller shutters with a little modification.

Also, search google images for more ideas, but the Wills arches & whatever similar is available from ScaleScenes gives you a starter.

Dave.
Scratchbuilding 4mm scale JXA scrapwagons ; - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37620
Scratchbuilt & kit built grappler claw cranes ; - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36342

Return to “Garden Railways”