my garden railway...

Discussion on OO, and O gauge garden model railway design and construction. (scenery, track laying, electronics)
parksie1

my garden railway...

Postby parksie1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:29 pm

...hello all. new to this forum. heres a link to the extension on my garden railway. 00 gauge based on 1939-45 world war two. please also see the SOMEWHERE IN ENGLAND links on the right of the page for more of my work.

http://photosbymay.fotopic.net/

joshing_man

Re: my garden railway...

Postby joshing_man » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:09 am

You appear to be just linking always to your own website without giving any information on this forum or intending to share with the members here. Rather than just advertise your own site ( I haven't checked to see if it is a commercial site) it would be better if pics and explanations, tips and queries were put in the threads here. If it is NOT a commercial site then a link in your signature would be OK.

Thanks

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

parksie1

Postby parksie1 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:53 am

so can someone let me know if i'm allowed to use the links to my web sites? i'm not selling any goods so whats the problem? there just gallaries showing my work? if i'm not allowed to link please let me know and i will close my membership to this forum?

thomas the plank engine

Postby thomas the plank engine » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:37 pm

The link to your website in your signature is fine but it would be a lot better if you were to post pictures on this forum instead of just giving us the link to it everytime. I have been on your website but found it a tad hard to get throught to what you had refered to on here before going to the link you had put up. If you post picutes on here you will probably get a better response from other members as well.
Have a quick look at the Grockle Garden Railway and you will find that I have posted pictures on this forum as well as given a link to my website and/or facebook for those that can axcess the dreaded thing

Ian

parksie1

Postby parksie1 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:12 pm

ok...thanks for the info. will try to post some pics to fourm next time...probbly wednesday

Tank

Postby Tank » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:02 am

I have a website too, but I've learnt that it's best to post pictures on here and just have a signature link - although, I've since got rid of my link! :lol: Imagine how many websites we'd all have to go through to keep up with everyone's progress. :)

Great layout though, and I like the bombed house scene.
N Gauge Ministry of Defence Depot:- Click Here
Old layout - New SouthEaston (now sold!) - Click Here
http://www.NGaugeForum.co.uk

Giraffe

Postby Giraffe » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:57 am

Whilst I'd also prefer to see the photos directly in the thread, I have no problem with a single click to get to the pictures you're showing.

For me, the issue is that you're linking to the front page of your website each time. This is a problem for two reasons:
1) The photos aren't on that page, you have to click through to the gallery.
2) Once you put up a different gallery, which one are we supposed to be looking at?!

If you insist on linking, it would be better to provide the permalink to the gallery you're actually trying to showcase, like this:

http://photosbymay.fotopic.net/c1898731.html

All that aside, I love seeing more garden railways! I'm quietly biding my time until I'm able to (read: SWMBO lets me) start one myself, so in the meantime I'm vicariously living it through everyone else's photos :)

I see yours is a raised track-bed style. Do you find that a problem with stepping over it? Or is it running around the edges?

Return to “Garden Railways”