Sonic announce a RTR OO A5 GCR 4-6-2T

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
Bigmet

Sonic announce a RTR OO A5 GCR 4-6-2T

Postby Bigmet » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:13 pm

I know nothing about this operation. If they make a good job of it, I will buy one. Good subject choice in my opinion, neatly supplements the three available GCR design tender locos from Bachmann.

Mike Parkes

Re: Sonic announce a RTR OO A5 GCR 4-6-2T

Postby Mike Parkes » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:26 pm

They have just released a N gauge 56xx and have announced a J50 in N. Has been set up by a former Graham Farish engineer.

Bigmet

Re: Sonic announce a RTR OO A5 GCR 4-6-2T

Postby Bigmet » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Ah, so that's probably the 'why' behind the grumbling of turning to the fleshpots of OO, instead of staying exclusively N.

Whatever, having now examined the pictures of the hand painted EP samples, and seen the video with operating examples, I am smitten; and a BR early crest version with side window cab shall be mine! Stand out for me, the Robinson chimney, really elegant in reality and the model truly gets it; welcome on my layout, even though it should have a Gresley 'flowerpot' chimney by that date! A thing of beauty is a joy forever... (This class put in intermittent service from KX, so legitimate as a visitor on my KX inner suburban area operation.)

The spec is good, lots of diecast weight in it, and a five pole motor. First pacific tank model in RTR OO too, and for my money the best looking UK example of this type; so all around a good subject choice by Sonic, especially as it well complements the three available GCR models from Bachmann.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6nfyH9ZaME&t=223s

Return to “Other Model Railway Manufacturers and Gauges”