Hattons Announces 4 and 6 wheel coaches

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
Bigmet

Re: Hattons Announces 4 and 6 wheel coaches

Postby Bigmet » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:52 pm

alex3410 wrote:
alex3410 wrote: The guides also have a D class listed so fingers crossed that's a good sign for a release of it in RTR

Didn't take long

It does suggest that Hattons were in the know.

Now, there was also an LNWR Precedent 2-4-0 shown among their illustrations of train formations. Wait and see.

Pennine MC

Postby Pennine MC » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:19 pm

Bigmet wrote:.

Now, there was also an LNWR Precedent 2-4-0 shown among their illustrations of train formations. Wait and see.

Indeed, it would be without precedent.

mahoganydog

Postby mahoganydog » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:42 pm

In a world of fences and doors who needs windows and gates?

Richard Lee

Postby Richard Lee » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:25 am

They are after my money! :cry:

Seriously though, I have pre-ordered a rake of SECR ones to run with my (old-tooling) Hornby SECR Terrier. A few years ago, I made up some Smallbrook Studios resin kits of Stroudley 4-wheeled coaches to run with my LBSCR Terriers, but my painting and coach finishing skills leave a lot to be desired. I can't do lining, for instance. Also, the kits were intended for the coaches in 1920s condition; although I whipped off the battery boxes and the truss-rodding, I didn't do anything about the duckets. The kits were for 1920s Isle of Wight formations, not pre-First World War, and didn't include a full brake. I will be considering whether or not to get a LBSCR liveried full brake, or whether or not to get a complete small rake of LBSCR liveried coaches.

Edit: Had another look at Hatton's website, and noticed that the LBSCR livery that they will be doing is the umber one. This will be great for any time from 1911. Previously, the LBSCR had had mahogany coaches from 1870 up to 1903, and from 1903 to 1911 an umber and white coach livery. Bear in mind that complete coach repaints would happen every 8 to 10 years, and that you unless you have evidence, you can only guarantee that new coaches would be in the current livery. I have a suspicion that Stroudley 4-wheelers would never have been umber and white, but presume that they would have become umber at some point.

My LBSCR Terriers are in the old Hornby version of "Improved Engine Green", so my current mahogany liveried coaches would be a better match. (The LBSCR started doing their locos in umber from 1905.)

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:01 am

Richard Lee wrote:They are after my money! Seriously though, I have pre-ordered a rake of SECR ones to run with my (old-tooling) Hornby SECR Terrier. A few years ago, I made up some Smallbrook Studios resin kits of Stroudley 4-wheeled coaches to run with my LBSCR Terriers, but my painting and coach finishing skills leave a lot to be desired. I can't do lining, for instance...

For sure you won't be alone. Consider how many attractive pre-group liveried loco models have been made - and there are more to come - and there must be a large market for some decent looking representative passenger stock to run with them.

Will this spur Hornby into action? They could do more with their older clerestory coach if they were so minded, as the body tooling is very presentable. The real question would be whether they can bring it in at the right price.

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:23 am

Nobody on here bought any of these yet then?

End2end

Postby End2end » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:16 pm

I ordered from the first batch. Still haven't received them yet.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Mike Parkes

Postby Mike Parkes » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:00 pm

Think they are all now expected in 2022.

Teedoubleudee

Postby Teedoubleudee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:08 pm

I ordered some for my birthday, last July! With luck I might get them in time for my next one LOL

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:33 pm

Mike Parkes wrote:Think they are all now expected in 2022.

Yes. The first batch due 2022.

The ones I want are due 2023?

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:37 am

I had no idea that execution had been so slow, not what Hattons were planning I am sure. (Could see the pre-group locos coming, but not the disruption from Covid.)

Teedoubleudee

Postby Teedoubleudee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:36 am

Bigmet wrote:I had no idea that execution had been so slow, not what Hattons were planning I am sure. (Could see the pre-group locos coming, but not the disruption from Covid.)

With the global issue of containers in wrong places added to well published news of driver shortages everywhere I'm not holding my breath that even the latest target date will be met.

Return to “Other Model Railway Manufacturers and Gauges”