Coopercraft Kits?

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
mahoganydog

Coopercraft Kits?

Post by mahoganydog »

Hi all,

Anyone know what's happening with them? The website does not seem to have been updated for a considerable time (last shows are for 2014).

Thanks

Jim
In a world of fences and doors who needs windows and gates?
Pennine MC

Re: Coopercraft Kits?

Post by Pennine MC »

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... opercraft/

That's the most recent thread (one of several, I think) on Rmweb. That said, I can confirm from a personal sighting that he still attends exhibitions.
mahoganydog

Post by mahoganydog »

Hi Pennine MC,

Thanks for that. Looks like I'll have to hunt round and probably have to overpay to obtain the kits I want.

Maybe someone should give Peco a nudge to take the whole range on?

Jim
In a world of fences and doors who needs windows and gates?
Lysander

Post by Lysander »

They are very good - if you can get them.Do not under any circumstances commit money via the website though.

Tony
Men with false teeth may yet speak the truth.......
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Without wishing to cause the chap any upset, I'm afraid I have to say don't go anywhere near his website. If it has sat there undisturbed by its owner for all that time it could be playing host to all sorts of nasties. If you have read "The Cuckoo's Egg" you'll know that dormant accounts are the hacker's favourite way of getting onto a server.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
mattmay05

Post by mattmay05 »

He seems to be more going towards etched brass kits, I had a discussion with another modeller and I think a few said on it on RM web... he's a bit out of his depth, and we have a feeling that there's nothing wrong with the machine... he just doesn't know how to use it.

Been a lot of bad press taking cash and not delivering... sadly just not the way you do business, and you will get a pretty bad name for yourself. Plus on advertisements he's still saying he does the plastic kits... which isn't true, website is pretty poor although I think now it does have a warning but it's been going on for years.

I do agree that if he doesn't understand it maybe he should cut his losses and sell that side on.
- Youtube/bluebellModelrailway
- https://railway-modeller-mw.weebly.com/
- VECTIS 3D: mademe.co.uk/shop/vectis-3d-models/