Kernow D600 Warship

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
D605Eagle

Kernow D600 Warship

Post by D605Eagle »

Now available for pre-order. Seems a bit better value at £129.95 than the D6300 baby warships considering how much bigger it is and with more wheels.
http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pa ... d_Editions

Moved from Dapol section.
Bigmet

Re: Kernow-Dapol D600 Warship

Post by Bigmet »

I hope you are not holding your breath. Dapol have yet to produce anything of the list of powered OO on their books. The class 22 was originally announced in March 2008 as well underway http://www.dapol.co.uk/index.php?option ... &Itemid=64, due in 2009, then slid back to first half 2010, and is now a first half 2011 release. Ahead of that they have the Beattie well tank to get out, due this autumn. If they have the D600s out by autumn 2011 that will represent a considerable acceleration over current progress...
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

Bigmet wrote:I hope you are not holding your breath. Dapol have yet to produce anything of the list of powered OO on their books. The class 22 was originally announced in March 2008 as well underway http://www.dapol.co.uk/index.php?option ... &Itemid=64, due in 2009, then slid back to first half 2010, and is now a first half 2011 release. Ahead of that they have the Beattie well tank to get out, due this autumn. If they have the D600s out by autumn 2011 that will represent a considerable acceleration over current progress...
Its the only way I perswaded SWMBO to let me preorder! :lol:
son of triangman

Post by son of triangman »

There are rummours and mutterings that Hornby have bought Dapol, so this may have a bearing on the lateness of some models. I stress only rummours and mutterings nothing definate.
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

son of triangman wrote:There are rummours and mutterings that Hornby have bought Dapol, so this may have a bearing on the lateness of some models. I stress only rummours and mutterings nothing definate.
Should I say again? :shock: I hope this isn't true.....
son of triangman

Post by son of triangman »

I'm hoping it isn't as well, it's just one of those rummours that fly about now and then at the moment, the trade haven't heard anything, I have checked with some trade mates, but a former shop customer was on about it a few weeks back. So I guess it's wait and see.
THE CHIEF

Post by THE CHIEF »

Well id always thought if they were going to enter the british n gauge market they would bUy dapols tooling and stick a hornby lable on them. I really hope this is not the case though.
50035 Ark Royal

Post by 50035 Ark Royal »

If i was running a preserved railway and Ark Royal was available in blue i would be tempted.However it is only available in Green and no warning panel's yuck.As regards the prototype way before my time but i do like the look of them.They have excellent names and look brutish and mean similar to a Deltic.It was a tradegy D601 was scrapped.I can see Kernow doing quite well with theese.How many got into Br blue livery?
Ian
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal
SRman

Post by SRman »

Only two of them received BR blue. D600 got full yellow ends, as per the Kernow release. One other - D602, I think, but don't quote me on that! - received small yellow panels on the blue.
Campaigner

Post by Campaigner »

Still waiting :?
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

To quote my own post my advice this time last year was...
Bigmet wrote:I hope you are not holding your breath ...
It appears likely that the first of the OO locos from Dapol to be going on sale will be the commissioned Kernow Beattie well tanks and Model Rail Sentinels, as physical examples have actually been seen operating (really nicely) in the UK. Could get here in August, if they are in production now. Most of the delay is the time the finished product will spend in a container being sea transported. Then I would guess the Hattons commissioned 'LMS Twins' as they are in a drag race with Bachmann...
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

Bigmet wrote:To quote my own post my advice this time last year was...
Bigmet wrote:I hope you are not holding your breath ...
It appears likely that the first of the OO locos from Dapol to be going on sale will be the commissioned Kernow Beattie well tanks and Model Rail Sentinels, as physical examples have actually been seen operating (really nicely) in the UK. Could get here in August, if they are in production now. Most of the delay is the time the finished product will spend in a container being sea transported. Then I would guess the Hattons commissioned 'LMS Twins' as they are in a drag race with Bachmann...
Ths 22s must be fairly close now? There was (hand) painted examples running quite some time ago. now over 3 years late by my recconing.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

You are quite right, there have been EP specimens on show, so that too may well emerge later this year. It was originally to come out in 2009 if my recollection of Dapol''s announcement in 2008 is correct; here it is http://www.dapol.co.uk/index.php?option ... &Itemid=66 Since then it has had so many revised arrival times, it is almost as though the delivery is in a train behind one of the real locomotives.

I have got so bored of waiting to see what Dapol make of a centre motor drive diesel, with a view to placing an order for the class 21 (the only proposed model of any interest to me) that I have stuffed a much modified and repainted Hornby 21 body with a Bach 25 drive, and now have a very satisfactory model running on my layout, job done! The aspect I feel really smug about is that this came in at a net cost of £15, as I sold all the left over parts for nearly as much as the two donor models I bought for the project!
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

wow the years roll by and still nothing even remotely looking like this project is proceeding. Still birth one wonders?
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

The proprieter of Kernow Models, Chris Trerice, has kept going on his commissions. Got his BWT out of Dapol, and the DEMU thing out of Bachmann, and my last recollection is that he is now looking for the D600 in 2014, don't recall a date estimate for the O2 0-4-4T. But the O2 has at least had some CAD derived drawings on show on RMweb.

None of this quite the zippy progress that Dapol were confidently predicting when they re-entered powered OO back in 2008. They have quite a to-do list in addition to the two above, classes 21,29, 73, 121, the SR diesel prototypes, although on the positive side they have now had a some successful releases. The really interesting angle though is that further versions of the commissioned LMS twins for Hattons appear to be discontinued, despite (their well surprising me at least by) getting these out before the Rails/Bachmann project has hit the shelves.