Thankfully never produced

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
Mike Parkes

Re: Thankfully never produced

Postby Mike Parkes » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:26 am

Bigmet wrote:
Ken Shabby wrote:...wrennemustove.jpg

This is taken from a recently purchased mid 80's Wrenn catalogue (1985 is written on the cover in pen). I also bought the 1973 Wrenn catalogue, which also lists the Stove as a 'New' model. What a shame these never made it into production again...

As one profoundly ignorant of what RTR OO was made in the later 1970's to 1990s period, were those MU and Stove models actually produced and placed on retail sale?

No

Bigmet

Re: Thankfully never produced

Postby Bigmet » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:47 pm

Thanks, that accounts for my never having seen such items while rummaging through the piles of s/h at shows and in model shops.

So yet more proposed new introductions to the Wrenn range that never got past pretty pictures in catalogues. As I mentioned back in April, there must have been something purposive in dangling such goodies before their customers? Back then I refrained from the cynical assessment; which would be attempts to maintain retailer credibility and end customer interest, by the prospect of new introductions to the range.

Return to “Other Model Railway Manufacturers and Gauges”