Accurascale have a Manor underway

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
Bigmet

Accurascale have a Manor underway

Postby Bigmet » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:16 am

There have been hints that Accurascale would produce some OO steam locos, (and I hope some matching steam era stock) and they have now announced a Manor. https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/to ... locomotive

There's a test shot from the tooling so clearly they have been working at this some time, and there's lots to like in the specification. Plenty of metal in the loco bodywork for a start, something Hornby are increasingly using, to the advantage of their models that have it. All the detail is in the announcement link; I am an interested bystander on this one, as an indicator of just what we can expect from subsequent steam introductions...

End2end

Re: Accurascale have a Manor underway

Postby End2end » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:07 pm

"There is also a flickering firebox light in the cab and in DCC this employs ESU’s intelligent flicker to synchronise the effect with the sound from the speakers."
Very clever and very tempting! :D
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:26 pm

I will wait for the 'unintelligent driver' option, forgot to put the blower on while coasting at speed into a small bore tunnel and has a cylinder of flame rocketing out of the firehole. Shame that you won't be able to see the effect because the loco is in a tunnel, but good to know that this event is provided for...

I must write to Paul Isles, now with Accurascale, about emulating Bachmann's screw locked adjustable spacing loco to tender drawbar. Easily the best method on offer in OO, as firstly the drawbar is where it should be, and it can be set to scale spacing if the layout curves permit, or as close as possible if they don't. So very simple, you'ld a thunk every manufacturer would have picked it up by now, but not so...

Paul-H

Postby Paul-H » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:29 pm

Was very surprised to hear they were using a 3 pole motor in it, thought 5 pole was standard these days or did I miss hear that in the Video (Quite possible these days).

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:05 pm

Three pole motor: it is in print in the spec in the link in the opening post. And a good design of three pole motor is very good: I can make three direct comparisons of the same mechanisms fitted with five pole and three pole motors, and the on track performance seen 'blind' yields no clues which is which.

Return to “Other Model Railway Manufacturers and Gauges”