Hattons P and Barclay, two small locos

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
D605Eagle

Re: Hattons P and Barclay, two small locos

Postby D605Eagle » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Hornby have a great tool for indicating what will sell. Its called ebay. When Bachmann produced the C class in SECR livery the prices went nuts, so Bachmann did another run. They didn't sell them cheaply at all and the prices are still nuts. Hornby have completely lost the plot when it comes to what sells and what won't. When Bachmann stated that it wouldn't invest in a new chassis or body for the Lord Nelson class because it was always a very poor seller, Hornby producing a whole new model is a clear indication that they don't listen to anybody.
Hattons have proved that you can get models quickly if you want them, Hornby just don't have an excuse. If their contract is crap with the manufacturers, then they need to sort that out asap.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Perhaps their Chairman should start talking to himself if he needs a company with access to a plant in China :wink:
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:29 am

Bufferstop wrote:Perhaps their Chairman should start talking to himself if he needs a company with access to a plant in China :wink:

I hope they do because it would be a crying shame if they disappeared. Hopefully they can also address their rather appalling quality control issues and even more so customer care issues.

Return to “Other Model Railway Manufacturers and Gauges”