What to paint the interior colours of Silver Jubilee Coaches

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
Bryan Gundry

Postby Bryan Gundry » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:11 pm

Martin a lot :lol: :lol:

But the postage from Australia will be a killer.... :shock:

After all that work would you really sell it :cry:

Bryan
No longer a member

Martin71

Postby Martin71 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:40 am

Hi Bryan

I looked at your layout Bryan and I think it looks magic. Watching your progress and how quickly you get things done and make it look so realistic.

Thats the area I fall down in, I totally lack imagination if it does not have straight lines. I see everything in geometric shapes. On the other hand setting up decoders wiring etc seems to be a breeze. eg Last night I put a lenz gold 4 function into a B12 with 2 led on the front 1 in tender and 1 in cab. All painted soldered etc and that took about 3 hours. Tested and works fine. Tonight I will do the same to a 56xx except it will have a 6 function TCS TX6 decoder with 5 functions used. That will be finished before the w/end.

But ask me to build a rolling hill like you guys do and I would be stuck on it for weeks! I have 0.01 imagination in this area.

I am not a rivet counter or a prototypical runner but I like the idea of articulated coaches in 1935, its different. Maybe your right hang on to it after all that work.

We shall see....

Thanks

M

Bryan Gundry

Postby Bryan Gundry » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:53 pm

Martin

I reckon one of the first things that needs to be ditched is straight lines and geometrical shapes.

Take the humble terraced cottage kit

Because most people only build it as per instructions then doing something slightly different makes people notice.

If I was only building one terrace of four houses I would probably reduce it to three. Its not what is expected.

But a single terrace just doesn't look, right its probably to short. I would go for 2 kits and build one single terrace of 5, 6 or 7 but not 8.

I went for 2 sets of four on my layout because I added a terrace of 6 as well.

You could of course work out what seems straight and geometrical to you and then do a little something to throw it "out" and see what the result is.

Experiment.

Out in the real world there are no straight lines, no level surfaces and no right angles.

Why should there be in your model.

Bryan
No longer a member

johncrazy

Re: What to paint the interior colours of Silver Jubilee Coa

Postby johncrazy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:06 am

hi
just found this whilst looking for paint for the kit i bought from Marc Models. Martin, did you finish?
I have, from Michael Radcliffe( Marc Models) pictures and details of all the coaches and the real train if you want them.
I also have bought the rake of plastic, made up kits, coaches but although Michael thinks they are good if the work continues with the brass kit i can se me replacing them.
i was look for spray cans of paints but now resigned to get tins for my air brush. Which die you use?

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”