turntable

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
sishades

turntable

Postby sishades » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:13 am

I recently purchased a motorised turntable (stop laughing at the back) and would appreciate some advice / diagrams on how to connect this thing to my hm 2000. Also if any one has any pix of a turntable please post them as I need some inspiration on how to place it. Ta .
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

random man

Postby random man » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:54 pm

If you are using the HM2000 you will need an on/off switch, or an on/on (supplied) for the other thing. Also if your HM2000 has a 16V output (or if not use some batteries) wire it up to this
Here's one i broke earlier...

http://www.scalescenes.com - cardboard kits
http://xs.to - free image hosting
my layout

pete12345

Postby pete12345 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:04 pm

You can use the on-on switch you get with the turntable- dont know what hornby are on about. Just wire it to a controller output as the instructions show so you can switch between track and turntable motor.
Once an engine attached to a train, was afraid of a few drops of rain...

Stuart Reid

Re: turntable

Postby Stuart Reid » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:13 pm

sishades wrote:I recently purchased a motorised turntable (stop laughing at the back) and would appreciate some advice / diagrams on how to connect this thing to my hm 2000. Also if any one has any pix of a turntable please post them as I need some inspiration on how to place it. Ta .

Sorry about the giant size, but this might help. Since taking it I've tidied up the carriage sidings, but basically as you can see its been shoved up into the curve to minimise the wasted space. I didn't want one, but its my elder son did and has doting grandparents...

Honeywell

Postby Honeywell » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:16 pm

This time I've just done a straight delete of the thing.

If you don't know how to resize the photographs then just link them.

DO NOT embed them so they show in the thread. The max picture size allowed in the forum is 700 pixels wide. Your photos are a massive amount more than that.

The moderators don't want to chase around tidying the forum, but if needs be we will do.. and things will be deleted.

Stuart Reid

Postby Stuart Reid » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:19 pm

Honeywell

Postby Honeywell » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:20 pm

Thanks.

We don't aim to be ogres or rule with rods of iron.. it's just we want to try and keep the place tidy.

No offense intended.

Rich.

Stuart Reid

Postby Stuart Reid » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:26 pm

None taken 8)

sishades

Postby sishades » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:51 am

Thanks for the pix, it is appreciated.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Stuart Reid

Postby Stuart Reid » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:28 am

Before we go any further, I wouldn't have chosen the Hornby turntable myself, I do listen to the advice on this forum, but...

Anyway, at the moment the only thing it has to cope with is a Castle, which fits on very neatly indeed, but what about bigger locos. I've measured the track as 280mm. Is it possible to turn an A4, on the assumption that the quoted length in the catalogue includes buffers and couplings?

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:32 am

I's only 698.......

EDIT
No, it isn't. taken it away.........

Kaledmutant

Postby Kaledmutant » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Sorry to bump this thread as I know it was a long time ago the last entry was made but I am also trying to connect my R070 Turntable to my HM 2000 Controller but am not getting any sign of life from the Turntable despite a few different ways of wiring it up and following the basic diagram that came with the turntable based on the R965 Controller.

I did click on the picture link put up by Stuart Reid but it was no longer active so I am wondering if anyone out there can assist me please?

Many thanks, Phil.
All change! All change! This train terminates here.

Kaledmutant

Postby Kaledmutant » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Okay that was weird!!!!

I just tried the Controller again and the turntable made a buzzing noise and turned!!!! Maybe I had got it right but was trying to use the wrong dial of the two on the HM 2000! Now to start putting the rolling stock i position and then some pics will follow in the Train Tryout Loop thread.

Cheers, Phil.

Kaledmutant

Postby Kaledmutant » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:54 pm

And then it stopped turning and just hums without moving. This is getting weirder by the minute. Managed to turn past three track positions (the last being the inlet track then it ceased to turn)

Ideas anyone?

Cheers, Phil.

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:42 pm

It could be that the commutator is dirty, when it stops, try giving it a little push and see if it sets off again.

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”