Hall TTS ???

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren and Oxford Rail).
George Stein

Hall TTS ???

Postby George Stein » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:06 pm

Is the proliferation of Harry Potter sets the reason why the Hall TTS seems to have vanished? I'm installing the one I have in the Hornby Large Prairie (with an iphone 4 speaker in the coal bunker). Really would like to find another one. Any "trade" gossip if Hall TTS will return in stock?

George
North Carolina

Bigmet

Re: Hall TTS ???

Postby Bigmet » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:39 am

In the absence of other replies, while I was grovelling around on Hornby's site yesterday I remembered to take a look at their decoder listing in their site shop. That showed no stock of a TTS decoder that might be an acceptable substitute for a Hall or similar loco, and nor was there a Hall (or any similar 2 cylinder GW loco) among the list of expected TTS decoders.

Then again, it may be 'all change' on Monday 10th January when this year's Hornby product announcement is due. Though if you want 'trade gossip' my usual retailer's take on the present situation (with all brands) is that nowadays he only believes the product is available when it is physically on his shelf...

RAF96

Postby RAF96 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:15 pm

I once had a ‘meaningful discussion’ with a Hornby suit where he stated that their sales reps were there to flog this years stuff, not to gossip with retailers about what might/might not be in next years range.
I doubt your local sales rep will have much useful gossip to pass to a retailer until the 2022 range is launched on 10th Jan. Even the model railway magazine folk are held to secrecy when they attend their pre-launch brief.
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.org.uk/robs_rails.html
β-tester

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:16 am

RAF96 wrote:I once had a ‘meaningful discussion’ with a Hornby suit where he stated that their sales reps were there to flog this years stuff, not to gossip with retailers about what might/might not be in next years range...

And what is prominent in the 2022 announcements in the 'special effects' department is the new concept steam effect by water vapourisation and what controls it, didn't see much on TTS at all, but I was just skimming the announcement for what most interested me.

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”