Triang R357

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren and Oxford Rail).
Bigmet

Re: Triang R357

Post by Bigmet »

It's necessary to stay away from the mainstream, to obtain old s/h at sensible prices. Between the retailers and online auctions, the price of old s/h has been grossly inflated in the wake of rising prices of current models.

But look elsewhere and reason prevails. This site has a good for sale section that frequently offers much more sensible pricing.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

I'm hoping that the upcoming relaxation of Covid countermeasures will lead to a resumption of boot sales and 'church hall' exhibitions. There are often bargains to be had from the trays that stay under the counter, especially if the seller is prepared to do a little 'horse trading' Hornby Dublo signals are usually a bargain, even the most battered examples can be restored with a few tweaks with a pair of blunt nose pliers and a bit of florists wire.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Small model shops well off the beaten track too. Don't anyone think of going to the one in Holsworthy until I have paid a visit next week...
Bufferstop wrote:...'church hall' exhibitions...
Those are not likely to restart until 2022, if our local situation is in any way typical. On top of the regular hires from Art clubs, dance and exercise groups, youth organisations, there's a huge backlog of 'hatches, matches and dispatches' to be dealt with, as it becomes possible to hold large 'family and friends' gatherings. Finding sufficient volunteers to clean up, especially Catering and W.C.'s, is a real challenge in such near constant use.