Hornby 2019 Range Speculation Thread

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
End2end

Re: Hornby 2019 Range Speculation Thread

Postby End2end » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:43 am

Along the same lines, disney is looking for a site in the UK for another disney theme park. A couple of weeks before Christmas they were looking at Leavesden film studios as a possible site.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

GWR_fan

Postby GWR_fan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:04 am

Alexander Court wrote:I did some online reading about a warner bros/DC comics deal with Hornby, apparently there's talk of trainsets (potter?),scalextric(batman...again?) and corgi (both series diecast?) possibly. But warner bros or whoever said they had "big plans" with hornby in 2019.

Many years ago LGB did a licencing deal with Warner Bros/DC Comics selling licenced goods through dedicated Warner Bros stores and cinema outlets and all the products were way overpriced, resulting in stock remaining on shelves and later flogged off for far less at a hefty discount. DC Comics licences do not come cheaply so anticipate price increases.

GWR_fan

Postby GWR_fan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:42 am

It does seem odd with all the hype and tooling over the P2 (and no subsequent release) that a Bugatti nosed version has not been forthcoming. Also, perhaps a "Prince of Wales" to accompany the "Tornado". Both could be released with very little tooling expense.

Perhaps more wartime liveries as the 80 year anniversary of the commencement of WW2 approaches. No doubt Corgi and Airfix will not let the grass grow under their feet.

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:55 am

I suspect it is the same approach on the P2 as they did with the Britannia/Clan. First got the sales from the Brit, and then produced the Clan (three years later?). The front of the chassis block casting of the P2 is clearly profiled for the Bugatti streamlined form. Were they smart enough to plan the full body tooling parts required from the off too, so it is just substitution within the tooling suite?

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:11 am

Well there is a lot on the list, but nothing that gets me opening my wallet, don't know what the "big surprise" was supposed to be, nothing at all which caused a raised eyebrow.

JIm
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

jackshepherd

Postby jackshepherd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:16 am

WOW WOW WOW! What a range! Hornby will certainly make a few people happy!
Modelling a railway is a form of art, which means there's no such thing as perfection....

Ex-Pat

Postby Ex-Pat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:27 am

luckymucklebackit wrote:Well there is a lot on the list, but nothing that gets me opening my wallet, don't know what the "big surprise" was supposed to be, nothing at all which caused a raised eyebrow.

JIm

I'd only got up to page 9 of 24, so you saved me looking at the rest!

Let's hope there's a surprise announcement at Glasgow - a D30 to complement the J36!
Last edited by Ex-Pat on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:31 am

Ex-Pat wrote:
luckymucklebackit wrote:Well there is a lot on the list, but nothing that gets me opening my wallet, don't know what the "big surprise" was supposed to be, nothing at all which caused a raised eyebrow.

JIm

I'd only got up to page 9 of 24, so you saved me looking at the rest!

Let's hope there's a surprise announcement at Glasgow - a D30 to compliment the J36!

Scotrail will be fuming that Hormby will probably have the Mk3s with automatic doors in the shops long before their fleet will be in service :D
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

RFS

Postby RFS » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:55 am

I'm very pleased to see some Bulleid coaches from Hornby in this announcement - and different ones to what Bachmann announced last year. What's also very refreshing is that these coaches will be available in April/May this year. Compare that to some of Bachmann's products: I pre-ordered a 2-HAP in March 2016, and as yet there's no indication when it might be available.
Robert Smith

mahoganydog

Postby mahoganydog » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:06 am

An awful lot of interest to me I'm happy to say.

Six couple Peckett is a nice choice but also the tiny Ruston. Some coaches and a small number of wagons of interest too.

One thing I noticed right away about the Terrier is that it seems to have NEM pockets...are Hornby doing a retool????? The same for their ex-LMS goods brake, this hints at being a retool too but no hint at either being so.

Jim=happy
Jim's Wallet=unhappy
In a world of fences and doors who needs windows and gates?

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:43 am

The Terrier is all new, as also the LMS brake van.

manna

Postby manna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:13 pm

G'Day Gents

Well that was a total waste of time, if Hornby think they're going to drag any money out of me, No chance, Everything's been done before except for the little 0-4-0 diesel, there are so many loco's to model, and we get stuck with the same old stuff, year after year, not even the Bugatti P2, which wouldn't be to much hassle. I said a load of rubbish, on RM Web............and it got deleted.

manna :evil:
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:50 pm

Nothing in it for me this year. My wallet can now cool off for a year having purchased a rake of 8 Bachmann superb Mk2fs with DCC lighting!!
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:53 pm

Some oddities there. Mk2Fs? Surely most people who wanted them have bought the definitive Bachmann model? Large prairie? Yet another duplication, and of an existing model already? That, as has been shown with every duplicate in the past, has never ended well. It will be interesting to see how well all those Limby 66s sell, I think this will give a definitive answer to what sells better, super expensive super detail, or reasonable quality cheap models. I expect Hornby might have to be very careful about quantities here. Trouble is they are not in a position to alter production numbers easily nowadays.
However, I'm liking the 0-6-0 Peckett, and the 48DS is bound to sell very well, being such a cutie!
And of cause the biggest news item!!! a new track rubber! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BrightonMan

Postby BrightonMan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:40 pm

Purely out of interest (I have no intention of buying them!) I just added up how much it would cost to buy all the buildings for the new Skaledale station - including the footbridge & signal box, it comes out at £258.92!! :shock:

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”