Hornby 2019 Range Speculation Thread

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
mahoganydog

Hornby 2019 Range Speculation Thread

Postby mahoganydog » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:25 pm

So, what fully new models do we think there will be?
In a world of fences and doors who needs windows and gates?

Bigmet

Re: Hornby 2019 Range Speculation Thread

Postby Bigmet » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:28 pm

More trains. Hopefully items equally attractive as the J36, which has just started to arrive and looks lovely.

OK, I think they could be about to bash out the streamlined form of the P2. They will have had the likely sales from the original version by now.
Another small but distinctively different industrial steam loco, following the success of the Peckett.

Guesses for coaches.
Some new non-gangwayed stock for GWR. They have done similar 'suburban' stock for everywhere else, and have done the rounds of the 'big four' pretty regularly in the past.
One or two hints that they might do the CIWL 'Night Ferry' coaches, natural fit with so much of their range.

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:02 am

As usual this thread has been running on the other place for a few days with much froth to the point of silliness. My purely selfish speculation is a Caledonian 0-4-4 "439" tank, based on the hint that the Hornby guys ran the laser over something else while they were doing Maude, the sales of the J36 seem to be excellent with the Hornby site showing it as "sold out". If Scottish outline does prove to be box office maybe they would look at updating the Caley single and the two coaches they used to make. It would be really nice if they also made an effort to locate the "lost" Clan tooling, these locos go for silly money on Ebay so another production run would obviously sell.
Diesel wise, tbh the market for main line diesels is saturated, so it will likely be more liveries for existing locos, although they could look at another shunter, perhaps the 06 done with a prototype chassis and superdetailled. The AC electric fleet is missing one obvious loco - the 81 which would complete the line up of the larger classes. DMU/EMU? the 313 and variants would please a lot of people, good nationwide coverage with masses of detail and livery variations from Strathclyde to the Home Counties.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:24 am

OK that was the sensible post!!

But I don't know if anyone has noticed but a recent TV ad may have blown Hornby's cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwFZWmKlQVk

So based on that the new release will be a battery powered A4 in LNER blue livery with fully yellow ends (Tender sold separately), this loco will featrue a re-introduciton of Magnahesion (well how else would that A4 make it up that gradient onto the coffee table and) and forward mounted "drivers eye" camera!!! :D
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

GeraldH

Postby GeraldH » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:01 am

Probably more of a wish than a guess... :)

Railroad Ex Lima 09 with new chassis.
Railroad ex Lima 94XX with new chassis.
Railroad ex Lima parcels coaches (BR GUV, Ex LMS short bogie one, Ex GWR Siphon, CCT with brakes in line with wheels).
Platform lamps & other accessories that plug into the square holes in Hornby platforms.
More realistically I seem to be hearing a few rumours about a GWR Manor.
Gerald H - BNR Correspondent :)

My layout: http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... hp?t=28854

Alexander Court

Postby Alexander Court » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:55 am

Now that they have stopped renewing the Thomas license maybe we will see some interesting reliveries of those models (with smokebox doors added) in the railroad range, perhaps LBSC extended tank E2, industrial livery percy, L&Y livery on the old James? I know, highly unlikely. I do hugely regret selling Edward, Gordon, Spencer, Bear and Toad, nevermind.

Hornby released a railroad pack of LMS coaches to match the streamlined coronation class so maybe we will see a maroon lower detail streamlined coronation for these coaches in the railroad range (Knowing hornby it'll be tts fitted).

Alex.

"I love the way you call it Art, When you never even use your Heart, and I just wanna tear you Apart"

Hymirl

Postby Hymirl » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:27 pm

GeraldH wrote:Probably more of a wish than a guess... :)

Railroad Ex Lima 09 with new chassis.

Its ridiculous they're still selling the jinty chassis inside frames diesel shunter as an 09. It was a terrible botch job the day it was released.

BrightonMan

Postby BrightonMan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:45 pm

There's a rumour going around on some facebook groups that a SR Q class is a possibility. Unlikely, but would be nice.

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:48 pm

An updated Stanier pacific because its getting about time they re did it again again again again again again again again again...............

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:37 am

BrightonMan wrote:There's a rumour going around on some facebook groups that a SR Q class is a possibility. Unlikely, but would be nice.

That's a wish, pure and simple. When it is so easy to use a MR/LMS 4F as the basis for a DIY model of a Maunsell Q - it is the same locomotive in all essentials - the unattractiveness as a commercial model subject should be obvious. I should think there are two dozen SR loco types built in similar or greater numbers that offer something more distinctive as a model.

BrightonMan

Postby BrightonMan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Bigmet wrote:I should think there are two dozen SR loco types built in similar or greater numbers that offer something more distinctive as a model.

Indeed. The Brighton K Class perhaps (please Mr Hornby :wink: )

Alexander Court

Postby Alexander Court » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:09 pm

Had a thought in the bath last night, What about doing the J15 as a Y14 in GER livery (and surprise GER six Wheelers!) that would be nice and not too difficult to do I don't think? Mind you I'm not as clued up on the engineering differences between the two versions.

Wonder what the club 0-4-0 will be this year? Do they still do those?

Alex

"I love the way you call it Art, When you never even use your Heart, and I just wanna tear you Apart"

RAF96

Postby RAF96 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:09 pm

All the responses so far lean towards rolling stock, but what about other kit, such as controllers, decoders and the elusive loco detection system.
Rob
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.org.uk/robs_rails.html
β-tester

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:35 pm

They could come out with a 7mm narrow gauge version of their budget 0-4-0 shunters along with a few simple waggons? Or maybe that would be in 2020? :p

Alexander Court

Postby Alexander Court » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:19 am

I did some online reading about a warner bros/DC comics deal with Hornby, apparently there's talk of trainsets (potter?),scalextric(batman...again?) and corgi (both series diecast?) possibly. But warner bros or whoever said they had "big plans" with hornby in 2019.

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”