H class (SECR etc)

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).

Mike Parkes

Re: H class (SECR etc)

Postby Mike Parkes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:34 pm

And I suspect pretty much nailed on then that will be the subject of the Hornby Club model with people signing up by the drove Hornby hope once they have seen the real thing.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:31 pm

Warley web site says it's the fourth full size exhibit, I know there's a 14xx, and Statfold's "Fiji" two foot gauge sugar plantation loco, anybody know what's the third one.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

rejrob

Postby rejrob » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi all and here,s to a happy christmas for all.Just received today 2 hornby H class 31518 which have now become 31162 and 31239 replacing the 2 SE finecast I built some time ago They are now *Withdrawn* in the shed area.The trouble being the two former SE,s came off in a tunnel at the back of my layout and it was down to not enough sideways movement on the driving axles.The new Hornby have been tried and passed with flying colours both hauling/propelling push me/pull you sets I might try to adjust the old ones which are now 31184 and 31274 or try to buy 2 chassis and fit the se body on but too cold in the loft at the moment Gaugemaster were quick off the mark at sending the loco,s so thank you them.All the best Ron

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:00 pm

The guardian of the GWR 0-4-2 No 1450 not far away, wasn't going to be upstaged by it, he was quick to point out that his slightly less shiny loco had come straight from the running shed with just a couple of hours polishing, whilst the H class had come straight from the paint shop.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

rejrob

Postby rejrob » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:45 pm

happy new modellers year to all fellow enthusiasts,I know its a bit late in the discussion but I am the very proud owner of2 of the H class (BR) which are now 31162 and 31239.Both of these numbers were on 2 I built from SE kits which ran very well BUT when operating with my P/P units always derailed in a tunnel at the furthest point from me on the layout.This meant crawling to the back and putting my hand through a ready made hole,of which there are several,and retrieving the unit.This does not happen with the Hornby models.I examining more closely the kit built it appears there was no lateral movement on the driving axles so another rail crash???They are now 31524 and 31184 both isolated and on the withdrawal loco lane in the shed area They maybe reinstated later but still working on my PDK W class and 6 NE horse boxes D>S kits but as the guvnor and i have been crook over the holiday period not much has been done.Although i do not have DCC the schools class are all DC ready but for some unknown reason 3 have broken down.So 3 2nd hand ones bought at good prices and when i receive the name tabs they will become 30907 Dulwich (Prev. winchester and new tender steps fitted;30914 Eastbourne (Prev St lawrence,straight name change;30920 Rugby(prev.Green brighton.All correct for May 1958 Jim at Modelmaster has been extremely helpful over the years and he is supplying the names,smokebox numbers and shed plates ```anyway happy new year to all and keep our grand hobby going all the best Ron

Mike Parkes

Postby Mike Parkes » Tue May 28, 2019 6:47 pm

263 finally arrived today; almost Bachmannesque delivery time; its box is fitted inside a outer card sleeve that is that tight it seems impossible to extract the model without damaging the packaging. I ran a knife down the glued joint of the sleeve to release the model.

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”