No comment on 2017 releases

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
End2end

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby End2end » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:27 pm

Thanks Lancastrian. :D
Copied from the website :-"After listening to your feedback this year, we can now reveal that the full sized Hornby Catalogue is back for 2017. In addition to being available from your local Hornby stockist from January 2017, the 2017 Hornby Catalogue will also be available from the following retailers: WHSmith, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Martin McColls, Easons and Independent Newsagents. In an exclusive partnership with Hornby Magazine you will be able to buy the February issue of Hornby Magazine with the 2017 Hornby Catalogue for a combined offer price of £9.99 (normally £12.30). "

It also goes onto say about last years 2016 catalogue that they will make a full sized version of it retrospectivly.
"We're aware that those of you that collect the Hornby Catalogue will have a gap in your collection for 2016. As a result we are looking at the feasibility of retrospectively publishing a special edition 2016 Catalogue to fill this gap, if there is enough interest shown in the concept - let us know your opinion below."
You can vote for a full sized 2016 catalogue.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

alex3410

Postby alex3410 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Thats a nice thought about redoing the 2016 one, knowing how much goes into a brochure at work its no small job.

Its a good idea giving people the option to get both via WHS I would get it but subscribe to Hornby Magazine anyway

Postby 6412 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:08 pm

I also subscribe to Hornby magazine, wonder if they will offer a special price to get the 2017 catalogue?

End2end

Postby End2end » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:05 pm

In an exclusive partnership with Hornby Magazine you will be able to buy the February issue of Hornby Magazine with the 2017 Hornby Catalogue for a combined offer price of £9.99 (normally £12.30). "
I went to WHS today to see if they had it in but to no avail. Does anyone knpow the release date of the February issue please?
Thanks
End2end[/quote]
Welcome‎
Planning
Building

Postby 6412 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:09 pm

I think it's out next Thursday the 12th

End2end

Postby End2end » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:10 pm

End2end wrote:
6412 wrote:I think it's out next Thursday the 12th

Many thanks 6412 for the info. :) I shall by buying a magazine......for once. :lol: Although I did buy one recently but only for the free market stall kit which, for those that missed it, I found more copies in WHS today.
"book em danno!" :lol:
Thanks
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building

Postby 6412 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:16 pm

End2end wrote:
End2end wrote:
6412 wrote:I think it's out next Thursday the 12th

Many thanks 6412 for the info. :) I shall by buying a magazine......for once. :lol: Although I did buy one recently but only for the free market stall kit which, for those that missed it, I found more copies in WHS today.
"book em danno!" :lol:
Thanks
End2end

I thought this was with Railway Modeller rather than Hornby. Nicely made up though.

End2end

Postby End2end » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:26 pm

6412 wrote:I thought this was with Railway Modeller rather than Hornby. Nicely made up though.

Yes it was Railway modeller magazine. I don't buy many magazines any more. I have a stack of DJ magazines in the loft spanning several years that I never look at any more although I did buy Model Rail today as there's a forum members joint layout in there that I wanted to see.
Thanks for your comment too on my take on the market stall. A bit fiddly but very satisfying to make. :)
Thanks
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:19 pm

D605Eagle wrote:LMS 8P again? how many more times are they going to redo those locos? I think the last time was 2011/12? Surely they are going to struggle to sell enough to turn a profit

Actually like most of their LMS locos, it is a very dated item that after several updates still carries 'fingerprints' from Margate design like the floppy bogie mounting with huge airspace above, where solid frames should be, and the undersize centre driver flange. The body moulding of the regular unstreamlined loco is plain wrong in the firebox and cab front area - compare to any photo of the prototype and you'll see it - and the wheels lack the distinctive bevelled wheel rim detail. It looks pretty mediocre against the star turns in their range such as the King Arthur, Castle, Britannia or Thompson B1. Following some feedback they have confirmed that the wholly spurious valance or bulge at the top of the Stanier tender underframe will be corrected, so at least one of the long standing inaccuracies is to go (wait for the demand for that to be rolled out to all the Stanier types in their range!) and then there's the ace in the hole.

The tooling will include the final two Ivatt developments of the class, never before available RTR. (And big shiny red and green express locos do have a way of selling.)

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:39 pm

Ex-Pat wrote:Nothing "new" from Hornby appeals in the slightest way to me.

Give me a J36 & D30 and I'd be opening my wallet!

The number of Scottish based layouts about and the manufacturers will still not cater for them.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought

markS&D

Postby markS&D » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:44 pm

This is only a comment, but the Rebuilt Merchant Navy could have done with an upgrade, seen as though the LMS Duchess/City has been upgraded more than once.
My layout, only look if you are interested:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48422

Latest Video Link:

https://youtu.be/g5ytOK5FCZc

GWR_fan

Postby GWR_fan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:12 am

markS&D wrote:This is only a comment, but the Rebuilt Merchant Navy could have done with an upgrade, seen as though the LMS Duchess/City has been upgraded more than once.

Mark,
even if they did not retool a new Merchant Navy at least they could ensure that a consumable like valve gear is made available. For some reason this component seems more fragile than other models. One has to purchase a donor loco just to get replacement parts.

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:46 am

Then again, the rebuilt MN was a genuine all new tooling on the move to Chinese production, which the Duchess didn't get; it was clearly a hybrid of some old, some new, with significant built in inaccuracies; and still remains so after several small revisions over the years. If Hornby manage an accurate Duchess (hopefully with some scan input to help the process) the reactions will be interesting as it will look different from the current model.

Sails

Postby Sails » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Whats the difference in quality between the RAILROAD collection and everything else? I see a Fowler 3F Jinty coming out in the RAILRAOD collection, are they just purely cheaper models?

alex3410

Postby alex3410 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:54 pm

They tend to be older designs that Hornby are getting more life out of, i have several that i am perfectly happy with but you need to treat each one on a case by case basis.

If your not sure look for reviews on it online or visit a model shop in person first.

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”