No comment on 2017 releases

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
trainlover23
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 am

No comment on 2017 releases

Postby trainlover23 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Where are all the moans, groans or plaudits for the 2017 range ?

User avatar
End2end
Posts: 4836
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: At the end....... and sometimes at the other end

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby End2end » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:20 pm

One thing I noticed...Hornby's gone back to a full size catalogue. http://www.hornby.com/uk-en/hornby-2017-catalogue.html
That small one last year was rubbish. :lol:
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

User avatar
stuartp
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby stuartp » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:44 pm

trainlover23 wrote:Where are all the moans, groans or plaudits for the 2017 range ?


Cluttering up RMweb along with the inevitable whingeing about prices and how badly done to SR modellers are because the entire gamut of pre-Bulleid designs still hasn't been done yet.

Mk1 BSO will be useful.
Portwilliam - Southwest Scotland in the 1960s, in OO - http://stuart1968.wordpress.com/

User avatar
alex3410
Posts: 3459
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: Essex

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby alex3410 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:24 pm

I like the fact they have gone back to the full sized catalogue and will pick one up if i see it, i also really liked the H class, i had the SECR version on preorder from hattons as soon as it was in their system but after seeing the BR black one i have also added that :oops:

I was also pleased (but not surprised) to see the Peckett will have another outing - i am really tempted to get one to repaint but the current lot are going for silly money on ebay so knowing this is in the pipeline i will hold off for that. The new livery is not as nice as the other ones.

User avatar
D605Eagle
Posts: 2621
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:58 am
Location: Staffordshire
Contact:

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby D605Eagle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:51 pm

LMS 8P again? how many more times are they going to redo those locos? I think the last time was 2011/12? Surely they are going to struggle to sell enough to turn a profit

User avatar
Lancastrian
Posts: 1513
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:33 am
Location: Lancashire
Contact:

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby Lancastrian » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:01 pm

End2end wrote:One thing I noticed...Hornby's gone back to a full size catalogue. http://www.hornby.com/uk-en/hornby-2017-catalogue.html
That small one last year was rubbish. :lol:
Thanks
End2end
Hornby are currently running a survey to see if there is a demand for them to print a full size 2016 catalogue.
My Web Site Links: FGO & Boats and Canals (Forum)

Ex-Pat
Posts: 1805
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:51 pm
Location: Dundalk Ireland

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby Ex-Pat » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:06 pm

Nothing "new" from Hornby appeals in the slightest way to me.

Give me a J36 & D30 and I'd be opening my wallet!

Meister
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby Meister » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:35 pm

£85 for the Terrier and J94 is expensive for these dated models IMHO. They should be in the Railroad range for around £50. The J94 (WPR livery) cost me £42 and the Terrier (GWR livery) £40 new from Hereford Model Centre within the last 12 months and I would not be prepared to pay anything like these prices. Also, the Railroad Jinty has crept up to £45 (£37.50 last year, £32.50 the year before) and the 0-4-2T appears as a Railroad model at the same price. Just glad I bought plenty of locos ~10 years ago when prices were more realistic. Or maybe I'm just a tight Yorkshireman?

User avatar
alex3410
Posts: 3459
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: Essex

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby alex3410 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Meister wrote:£85 for the Terrier and J94 is expensive for these dated models IMHO. They should be in the Railroad range for around £50.


Especially when you consider they are not DCC ready. They are nice models however & really pleased with my SECR Terrier - i just need to covert it to DCC.

mahoganydog
Posts: 799
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:25 pm
Location: Sat looking at the computer screen

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby mahoganydog » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:03 pm

alex3410 wrote:I was also pleased (but not surprised) to see the Peckett will have another outing - i am really tempted to get one to repaint but the current lot are going for silly money on ebay so knowing this is in the pipeline i will hold off for that. The new livery is not as nice as the other ones.


Picked up one (R3428) today at a small local show for £79 from a dealer I know. I now sit here laughing at the impatient, desperate idiots over paying on Ebay. Be patient and you will find!

I'm wondering if there will be a second batch of the three, when you've got something that sells out that fast it would be stupid not to. This also leads on to whether Bachmann will take note of this success and make their own industrial.

Jim
In a world of fences and doors who needs windows and gates?

User avatar
D605Eagle
Posts: 2621
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:58 am
Location: Staffordshire
Contact:

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby D605Eagle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:23 pm

It is an absolutely cracking little model though! Hornby at its very best.

trainlover23
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 am

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby trainlover23 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:06 am

alex3410 wrote:
Meister wrote:£85 for the Terrier and J94 is expensive for these dated models IMHO. They should be in the Railroad range for around £50.


Especially when you consider they are not DCC ready. They are nice models however & really pleased with my SECR Terrier - i just need to covert it to DCC.


According to the catalogue they are both DCC ready

Richard Lee
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby Richard Lee » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:25 am

trainlover23 wrote:
alex3410 wrote:
Meister wrote:£85 for the Terrier and J94 is expensive for these dated models IMHO. They should be in the Railroad range for around £50.


Especially when you consider they are not DCC ready. They are nice models however & really pleased with my SECR Terrier - i just need to covert it to DCC.


According to the catalogue they are both DCC ready


That is interesting, unless they have made a mistake in the catalogue. I do know that the Hornby Terriers that I have (which are now a few years old) do not have sockets for DCC.

User avatar
Lancastrian
Posts: 1513
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:33 am
Location: Lancashire
Contact:

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby Lancastrian » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:18 am

Lancastrian wrote:Hornby are currently running a survey to see if there is a demand for them to print a full size 2016 catalogue.

Scroll to the bottom of the page, but I am not sure if the survey is still open or not: HERE
My Web Site Links: FGO & Boats and Canals (Forum)

User avatar
alex3410
Posts: 3459
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: Essex

Re: No comment on 2017 releases

Postby alex3410 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:22 am

That is interesting!

It will be a first for both, my SECR terriers box had DCC ready on it but had a sticker over it so either it was a mistake or just a little premature :lol:

Both locos are very limited on space so will be interesting to see what they have done, it might also explain the cost of they have had to design in the sockets.

Edit:
The SECR terrier was the latest version of it released towards the end of 2016


Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests