Small Tank Loco for shunting

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
Sails

Re: Small Tank Loco for shunting

Postby Sails » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:14 pm

GeoFF03 wrote:The locos listed by Bigmet are from the GWR, LMS and LNER. If your layout were to be Southern based I'd also recommend the ex USA 0-6-0 tank that Bachmann produced on behalf of the Model Rail magazine. The pair I have are excellent runners and very well detailed, the only issue could be their limited availability.

I'm considering buying one of the USA tanks, I really like the look of these loco's, what livery did you get?
I was thinking of getting a BR logo one (So I can remove it and just have a plain black loco to be a universal look)

Buggleskelly

Postby Buggleskelly » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Just had a look at the latest Model Rail mag, and there are 10 liveries, two have a late BR logo, one has the early logo. If that's any help

GeoFF03

Postby GeoFF03 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:33 pm

an
I'm considering buying one of the USA tanks, I really like the look of these loco's, what livery did you get?

I actually got two, one in U.S. Army Transportation Corps and the other in late crest BR black.

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:15 pm

How rapidly things have moved on in smaller tank engines. Announced: Hornby have the SECR H 0-4-4T, Bachmann an MR 1P 0-4-4T and an all new version of the J72 0-6-0T, Hattons the SECR P 0-6-0T and a Barclay 0-4-0ST industrial, Dapol the LSWR B4 0-4-0T, DJM a Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0ST industrial, and Model Rail are commissioning the GER J70 tram 0-6-0T.

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”