Hornby 2014 speculation thread

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
Brocp

Re: Hornby 2014 speculation thread

Postby Brocp » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:36 am

If the P2 and the Duke have done as well as we have been told in pre orders, I can see more 'one off' models along the 'design clever' lines...

So I think the W1 in either form is a very real possibility.

For me a model of 6202 Turbomotive would sell incredibly well, it's unquie and unlike the P2 had a long career with many different detail and livery changes.

I wonder how long it will be until a "Air Smoothed" Merchant Navy arrives??? Hornby should hurry... bachmann are making an n guage one so it won't be too long before they up scale it....

I would love to see more smaller express and tank locos from Hornby, if we could get tanks the quality of the M7 and Stanier 264 I think modelers would be extremely pleased.

Also maybe it's time for Hornby to start revamping some of their older super detailed models? The Princess is probably the one that needa a revamp the most...

Rolling stock wise? I hear the LNER wasn't the only railway with suburbam stock...

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:06 am

Some non-corriodor 'suburban' stock for the LMS has been looking like the most natural subject choice possible for the last half dozen years. I know I wasn't the only one to feel that doing both Gresley and Thompson LNER non-corridor designs was a surprise. One or the other, and some Stanier or earlier LMS types would have been my guess as more likely. Nice to be surprised sometimes!

That's a thought on tank locos, they have gone around the regions in tank loco designs introducing in this order M7, 4P, L1, 52/72xx, perhaps they will go around again? (Very optimistically they might even look North and reuse their proven 0-4-4 chassis design for a Caley, NBR or NER design?) In small SR tanks the LSWR O2, LBSCR E4 and USA type are all announced, and with the Beattie Well Tank,Terrier and M7 already made (and the last was easily the most numerous SR tank class surviving into BR ownership) and the Fairburn 4MTT and Standard 3MTT available for BR(SR), that's actually decent coverage in SR/BR(SR) tank locos.

Hornby might do well to skip SR and look at LMS where there is a lack of common pregroup tank designs other than the 3FT and - just arriving! - the ex-L&Y class 5 2-4-2T. Several numerous and widespread classes from LNWR, MR & CR which served to the end of steam. Any would go well with LMS non-corridors too...

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:26 pm

A G5 maybe? Theres a replica (not model!!! LOL) on its way as well.

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:06 pm

I'd actually like to see someone make the 812 *the class that Donald & Douglas are based off of*. In terms of southern, an S15 would be good enough but there is a big lack of LMS pre-grouping designs in the R-T-R market. It would also be nice to see an LMS pannier, also more black 5s please.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:20 pm

sir hayden wrote:I'd actually like to see someone make the 812 *the class that Donald & Douglas are based off of*. In terms of southern, an S15 would be good enough but there is a big lack of LMS pre-grouping designs in the R-T-R market. It would also be nice to see an LMS pannier, also more black 5s please.

The LMS didn't have pannier tanks the closest they had was ex-LNWR square saddle tanks.
Commander tear this ship apart until you have found them track plans!

ERMick

Postby ERMick » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:21 pm

alex3410 wrote:I have lost interest in waiting for it now but i am sure i read the BR A4 Bittern - Double Tender Special Edition was from 2012! yet its still not released :(

Me too. I've got a Hornby publicity shot of that as my desktop and I've just checked - it's dated 12/11/2012. It's a nice photo - probably just as well as I reckon it''ll be the closest I'll get to one for some time.

I've also given up on hoping to be able to ask for anything that's due out in the 3rd/4th quarter as a Christmas present as I've been disappointed too many times now.

That goes for Bachmann as well as Hornby.

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:55 am

TK421 wrote:
sir hayden wrote:I'd actually like to see someone make the 812 *the class that Donald & Douglas are based off of*. In terms of southern, an S15 would be good enough but there is a big lack of LMS pre-grouping designs in the R-T-R market. It would also be nice to see an LMS pannier, also more black 5s please.

The LMS didn't have pannier tanks the closest they had was ex-LNWR square saddle tanks.

Ex LNWR 0-4-2T bissell truck tank perchance? I'll have a few as long as we're not talking stupid Heljan class 05 monies.
Cause they were impressive and worked the area I'll be modelling shortly a Bowen-Cooke 1185 class 0-8-2T or a Capt. Beames 380 class 0-8-4T would be ver nice indeeeeeed!

GWR_fan

Postby GWR_fan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:42 am

Given Hornby's form of late perhaps a true reflection of production for a predicted 2014 release would be what they are NOT producing. That way no one will be surprised or disappointed when the promised "not to be released" items are NOT released. This will allow Hornby to catch up on its promised 2012 releases and work its way eventually up to its 2013 releases in perhaps three of four years.

Tim

HonestTom

Postby HonestTom » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:49 am

The 4-cylinder Stanier 2-6-4 tanke would be a nice one, if a bit specific. An N7 would complement a lot of their other Eastern Region models and go well with their LNER suburban stock, as would a J69. A Standard Class 2 tank would be a good seller, as they seem to be plugging the gaps on the BR Standards with the Clans,the Duke etc.

One for the Railroad range would be a Crosti boilered 9F. Presumably they could use the same chassis as the regular 9F.
http://coarsescale.wordpress.com/for all your model railway-related rambling incoherence needs.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:11 pm

GWR_fan wrote:Given Hornby's form of late perhaps a true reflection of production for a predicted 2014 release would be what they are NOT producing. That way no one will be surprised or disappointed when the promised "not to be released" items are NOT released. This will allow Hornby to catch up on its promised 2012 releases and work its way eventually up to its 2013 releases in perhaps three of four years.

Tim

It would make sense for hornby to do this, I recall reading an article in model rail reviewing their first issue in which the mentioned of that year there was no new models from any of the OO players just some re-liveries. So they've done it before but when have Hornby taken a step back to look at the bigger picture? Besides are you going to stop buying hornby because they don't deliver promises, probally not, who else makes a r-t-r oo duchess, A3 or class 60 of todays standards?
Commander tear this ship apart until you have found them track plans!

GWR_fan

Postby GWR_fan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:58 pm

When a company cannot even fulfill its own published planned production wishlist from several previous years, then surely a consumer wishlist is nothing but a WISHLIST. The company is judged on what it CAN produce not on what it HAS produced.

Tim

eagle50043

Postby eagle50043 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:59 pm

GWR_fan wrote:Given Hornby's form of late perhaps a true reflection of production for a predicted 2014 release would be what they are NOT producing. That way no one will be surprised or disappointed when the promised "not to be released" items are NOT released. This will allow Hornby to catch up on its promised 2012 releases and work its way eventually up to its 2013 releases in perhaps three of four years.

Tim

LOL :-)

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:08 am

Hornby have got most the new items out. Its the re-liveried stuff that causing them headaches. Even stuff like wagon repaints are now nearly 12 months out of date, but new wagons like the shunters truck are there to be had.

GWR_fan

Postby GWR_fan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:34 am

Yes the shunter's truck is out and is very nice (I picked up two a month or two ago). I also just picked up the 12 ton fish van triple pack and not picked up but very nice is the BR blue parcel express van based on this car.

Tim

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:48 am

Well today's the day, according to an email I received at the weekend, wonder what time the announcement will be made?

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”