Hornby 2014 speculation thread

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
Steamy

Re: Hornby 2014 speculation thread

Postby Steamy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

I personally would not mind some more modern goods wagons, especially some mineral wagons, like transporting sand etc
I see stupid people....

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:17 pm

In regards to the Radial, it was measured by Bachmann, they have dibs on that one if produced, but will most likely be a commission possibly Kernow, seeing as they have done a few LSWR locos recently.

The Adams radial is a slight issue for some but hearing from people I know, a plan has been drawn up, it's difficult for various reasons, 2 types of boiler, 2 types of cab, 4 different chimneys, various domes, 2 types of bunkers... plus various other items... you can see in how it will be difficult..

I think Kernow are doing a commission this year recently said on their FB page, which will be done by Bachmann... Maybe a Warley announcement?

But seeing as this is a Hornby thread which a Radial won't be, very much looking forward to seeing the new range and I hope they have sorted their issues.

amsie

Postby amsie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Bullied EPB :-)

Truffy

Postby Truffy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:43 am

The hush-hush is not within my direct area of interest, but I would certainly make room for it if it was made accurately and not designed clever.

Good to hear of more SR stock, just not a rehashing of the Schools or N15 classes. How about something different, like LN or Q class?

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:46 am

Come on guys, the SR has had so much stuff recently surely it is sombody elses turn. Still I think the J36 is not yet on the horizon.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:13 pm

Sadly it does sell....

A Q-Class would be nice... there has been rumours for an absolute age, about an S15.... no idea if that's true but would be a nice addition.
Lord Nelson, believe Bachmann are looking at a re-tooling it. Believe it was last featured in 2008 releases, although the model was first released in 1992, it's still a pretty good model, if you have one with a revised chassis.

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Bachmann have always planned to renew the split chassis models, which includes the LN. Leave Bachmann to work their way through small goods types, they are gradually casting the net further afield.

I cannot imagine Hornby not gettting weaving sometime on the air smoothed Merchant Navy. There's a serious shortage of end of steam big green express locos without a RTR product, and that is their home turf. Clearly they could go for earlier big engines: the GNR C1 the stand out, the prototype of the right way to build an express engine. Their six wheel Pullmans are a perfect match.

Whittington5021

Postby Whittington5021 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:35 pm

Sorry for me there has to be a Western bias for me especially between the 1950 - 60's and the 70 - 80's I hope it dose not sound too boring
For me it's got to be a green BR king with a single chimney (early crest)
Class 50 with central logo, class 47xx 2-8-0 night owl.
4 Car non corridor stock for the 61xx
A decent resturant car and collett full brake.
What do you say guys.

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:14 pm

There is a project to build a replica 47xx, and I'd expect on of the main players to jump on the model bandwagon at some point. Its not a high profile project so when is anybodies guess.

Truffy

Postby Truffy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:09 pm

If Bachmann are indeed retooling the LN and moving away from a split chassis, then this would be the ideal solution as AFAIC.

MrH

Postby MrH » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Something new Thomas wise would suit me been ages since I bought Stepney,
A nice Bill and Ben pair would suit where I'm currently headed
My layouts

Trucks in a Tizzy - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48086

Alexander Court

Postby Alexander Court » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:37 pm

MrH wrote:Something new Thomas wise would suit me been ages since I bought Stepney,
A nice Bill and Ben pair would suit where I'm currently headed

Bill and Ben have been out for years from Hornby and Bachmann do a smaller, closer to real scale version of the pair. Just have to ebay them probs or track a model down on the net. A new Thomas loco would be nice, but the prototype for Bo-co has already been modelled and is available from hattons to be turned into him or can be got using an old dublo model and Bachmann already make mavis, salty etc etc so I don't know who they could realistically make, unless they make Den to go with Dart out of their sentinel :/

Perhaps they may continue their trend of industrials like the sentinel diesel, nice ruston Hornsby 0-4-0 diesel shunter would be nice like the one at the middy :P

Alex

"I love the way you call it Art, When you never even use your Heart, and I just wanna tear you Apart"

Hilux5972

Postby Hilux5972 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:25 pm

I'm also in favour of no new announcements. I'd prefer the other announcements from this year ( and last year ) to be released. I was thrilled when they announced a hall. Then gutted when it was out back to next year. Catch up first!

HonestTom

Postby HonestTom » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:09 am

I could see someone doing a Radial tank, as it has the same kind of cult appeal as the O2 or the Beattie well tank. But it doesn't strike me as Hornby's thing.

Two obvious ones are a Saint and a King to modern standards. A Drummond Black Motor would complement the M7 and T9. A streamlined Merchant Navy is a no-brainer. A J15 is one that usually ranks high on the wish lists, and while I think it's more of a Bachmann thing, I could see Hornby leaping in there. As for the "WTH?" loco, how about a steam industrial?
http://coarsescale.wordpress.com/for all your model railway-related rambling incoherence needs.

Truffy

Postby Truffy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:11 am

luckymucklebackit wrote:Come on guys, the SR has had so much stuff recently surely it is sombody elses turn.

I may be wrong here, but most of the SR "stuff" is passenger-related, certainly for pre-war steamie. What I would like to see is some decent freight locos (hence the Q), so I'm happy to roll over on the LN (especially if Bachmann are moving away from their split chassis). Admittedly, Hornby have release the Q1 in the past, but that's just a little out of my time period.

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”