Freightliner class 90

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
MrRacenight

Freightliner class 90

Postby MrRacenight » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 pm

Have a new freightliner class 90 wont work chipped up ok , when i re opened the shell found a small metal piece has come off - model has working pantograph with a switch on top - switch has come off .

any sujestions???

steviesparx

Re: Freightliner class 90

Postby steviesparx » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:25 pm

If it is new, return it to supplier for repair or refund...

Given your comments on your 'new' class 92's, don't know that the 90 is any better a model.

You seem to have aquired a fair few 'new' loco's all of which seem to have problems - did Santa get a dodgy batch I wonder...?

MrRacenight

Postby MrRacenight » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:50 pm

well my ews class 90 works brilliant that came in the virgin charter set the colas 66 works ok the fl66 (bachman and stobart 66) both slower dont know why

hairyhandedfool

Postby hairyhandedfool » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:04 pm

MrRacenight wrote:Have a new freightliner class 90 wont work chipped up ok , when i re opened the shell found a small metal piece has come off - model has working pantograph with a switch on top - switch has come off .

any sujestions???

If you are not going to use the Pantograph to collect power, why not just bypass the switch?
"Dying is easy, its living that scares me to death"
Annie Lennox - Cold (from the album "Diva")

Stressed? Fight my brute
You can now join my Clan

trooper

Postby trooper » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:22 am

If you are running DCC you do not need the pantograph as you can not pick up off of the overhead. As stated bypass the change over switch.
Carrying on

Leader

Postby Leader » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:06 pm

What you must remember is that since Hornby production moved to China, you the customer is the quality control department. They anticipate that a percentage will be returned defective, which they will replace with a new loco. Where as when production was at Margate ALL loco's were track tested before being packed in their boxes . Any failures were sent back to be sorted. Its cheaper to do it the China way. Not a good experience for the customer , but that is the way that it is and will remain. Bachmann are exactly the same.

D306Whistler

Postby D306Whistler » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Can I ask what train controller you are using? If its that R8250, then I recommend upgrading to a Gaugemaster Model D if you are running a twin track layout. My Hornby HST's used to hate the R965 controller (always threw a wobbly with them) as it always cut out after a couple of laps because the motors on the newer HST sets would draw too much current and trip the thermal switch. I upgraded to a good old Gaugemaster Model D that I use in most of my review videos I make on YouTube and the cut out problem went away! ;).
Ash - A Thoroughbred Railway Fan ;).

60008 and D306 are the best Diesels Ever!
http://www.youtube.com/EWS60008

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”