Hornby 2 BIL

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
Truffy

Re: Hornby 2 BIL

Postby Truffy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Now I have a quandary. I thought I'd cancelled the R3161X when I pre-ordered R3161 from Hattons, but I hadn't. I still can, but their entire allocation is pre-ordered. This thing's popular!

How easy is it to refit a Hornby DCC fitted loco with a different controller? Are they simply pull-out/plug-in?

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Normally yes.
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

Truffy

Postby Truffy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:34 am

Heh, Hattons have let me down. Or, rather, Hornby have let them down, and they just passed on the love to me. They're not getting the allocation that they'd been promised, so they cancelled my order.

Here's hoping on Gaugemaster!

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:25 pm

My understanding is that Hattons are not cancelling orders, they are deferring them until the next release in June. I ordered one from Hattons in December but in view of the debacle over allocation and supply of these units (which is well documented on another forum), I bit the bullet and bought the NRM DCC ready version from my local Modelzone today and cancelled my pre order with Hattons.
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

ASFC

Postby ASFC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:11 am

Its funny but 'in the other place' there is a lot excitement about 'collusion' between MZ and Hornby other 2BIL supply. Unfortunately it is a sign of the times and who can blame Hornby from protecting its bottom line, they do have a businees to run after all! (Something that seems to be forgotten on forums.)

All that said I saw one in the flesh today, and it is a cracking model, if I do say so as an 'N gauger'!
My New N gauge layout thread 'Chinley': viewtopic.php?f=22&t=41038

My Old N gauge layout thread 'Ollerton': viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32899

Streaks and Teaks

Postby Streaks and Teaks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Here's some pics for you all. had to get it from Modelzone as my Hattons Preorder could not be for filled.

Mark

rejrob

Postby rejrob » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi all :D :D Nice picci and the result from Hornby is good.I know several have mentioned going to Hattons but I must admit just a little cheaper from M.R.Direct still cannot knock Hattons as hey have been very good to me over the tears .Roll on the 7th march and I can start renumbering The vents and door handles were previously mentioned with differing opinions.The vents seem Okah but I personally reserve opinion on the handles All the best Ron

Truffy

Postby Truffy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Metadyneman wrote:My understanding is that Hattons are not cancelling orders, they are deferring them until the next release in June.

Which is at odds with the notification that I received from Hattons:
We have learned from Hornby that supply of the R3161 2-BIL will not be what
we expected, and therefore we will be unable to fulfil your order for this
item.

Please accept our apologies for this. As usual we will process pre-orders
on a first come. first serve basis, but unfortunately we will not receive
enough of the R3161 to fulfil your order.

At present Hornby have not announced another run of this item, and
therefore we will cancel your order from the system.

Truffy

Postby Truffy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:42 pm

ASFC wrote:who can blame Hornby from protecting its bottom line, they do have a businees to run after all! (Something that seems to be forgotten on forums.)

I'm not sure how that relates to the channel that they release through though. Unless you're referring to protecting margin and reducing undercutting.

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:04 pm

ASFC wrote:Its funny but 'in the other place' there is a lot excitement about 'collusion' between MZ and Hornby other 2BIL supply.

Frothville? :lol:

RFS

Postby RFS » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:27 pm

Metadyneman wrote:My understanding is that Hattons are not cancelling orders, they are deferring them until the next release in June.

Hornby have only announced a re-run of the BR version (R3162A), not the SR or NRM ones. Hatton's are transferring unfulfilled BR orders to this new BR batch but obviously can't do that for the other versions.
Robert Smith

ASFC

Postby ASFC » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:51 am

Truffy wrote:
ASFC wrote:who can blame Hornby from protecting its bottom line, they do have a businees to run after all! (Something that seems to be forgotten on forums.)

I'm not sure how that relates to the channel that they release through though. Unless you're referring to protecting margin and reducing undercutting.

Correct. I understand Hornby have also changed their trading terms with suppliers.

Such is the world we live in.

It is, however, a lovely model, regardless of everything else!

Mat. :wink:
My New N gauge layout thread 'Chinley': viewtopic.php?f=22&t=41038

My Old N gauge layout thread 'Ollerton': viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32899

amsie

Postby amsie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:11 am

Not a great scenario really upsetting your retailers and most of your customers in one go!

On a positive note the model looks stunning in that photo and lets hope we see a few more EMU's make it to market. It just goes to show that if you produce a good model it will sell!

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:58 am

Well I couldn't be bothered with all the fuss of waiting to find out if my order was successful with Hattons or not so bit the bullet and bought an NRM one from Modelzone. If this is Hornby's way of driving up prices by supplying Modelzone first who charge everything at RRP then that is going to P*ss everyone off let alone the suppliers!

Lysander

Postby Lysander » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Having seen entries here and elsewhere re. e-mails from Hattons advising either 'your order cannot yet be honoured' or 'it's packed and on the way', I contacted them yesterday, having heard nothing myself yet.

So, for those of you who, like me, have ordered the Southern-liveried edition, it transpires that is not yet in stock at Hattons. Need to be patient for just a little longer !

Tony.
Men with false teeth may yet speak the truth.......

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”